This was one of the worst places I have stayed. I had phoned to book the room. When I booked it I asked to have a fridge in the room as I would need one. I was told that they would make sure there was one. I check in and head to my room. I walk in and there is no fridge. I went to call the front desk on my room phone and discovered the button on the phone marked "front desk" didn't work. So I dialed 0 hoping it would take me to the front desk. When I spoke to the front desk and asked why there was not a fridge in my room. They said my room does not come with a fridge. I asked them why they told me on the phone I could have one. They said they can request a fridge but there is no guarantee to get one. Why did they not tell me that when I booked the room and said I would need a fridge. I found the furniture in the room had a very old smell. I opened up the dresser and the wood smelled very stale. I didn't want that smell getting into my clothes so I ended up keeping them all in my suitcase. I decided to have a bath and no matter how long I waited, the water would not get any hotter than lukewarm. Lukewarm is not warm enough to have a bath in. Over my stay not once would the water get any warmer than lukewarm. I was actually cold in the shower. I sat down with my computer. I have never seen such a troublesome way of getting on the net at a hotel. Every place I have stayed you just bring up your browser, a login page comes up and you enter the password the hotel gives you. Not at this hotel. This one you have to go into your network settings and even then it would not work properly. If someone brought their lap top but didn't have any experience with "network settings (which most people I know don't), they would not have any idea how to get on the internet here. I was not impressed with the food. One night I had ordered a steak. I had said very well done with no pink at all. It arrives at my table and is medium rare. I tried a different meal the next night and it had no flavor at all. Don't recommend the food here. For the rest of my stay I drove to other restaurants in the area to eat. I will not stay here again when there is so many much better places to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 139 Room European style boutique hotel centrally located across from City Centre Airport, near the heart of downtown Edmonton. Features Royal Coach Dining Room, Julian's Piano Bar and Touch of Class Gaming Room. Free-standing Conference Centre with twelve banquet and meeting rooms. Family, Accessible and Jacuzzi Rooms & Suites. No charge wireless and high speed internet access, parking and in-room coffee. Complimentary Full Hot Breakfast Buffet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chateau Louis Hotel & Conference Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Louis Hotel And Conference Centre
- Chateau Louis Edmonton
- Chateau Louis Hotel & Conference Centre Edmonton, Alberta