“I live in Edmonton and keep going there for lunch all the time.”

Chateau Louis Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #54 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Have recommended this hotel to our business colleagues and they have enjoyed it. Staff is just wonderful. Know them all by their first names. The owner, after talking to some of the employees there, treats them very well and I guess, that is way, the staff has been there for so long.

Food is excellent. chef is always very courteous and if there is something you feel like having that is not on the menu, he will accommodate your request.

I have friends that I take there all the time and they have enjoyed the plac.e

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank shenaz_11

Reviewed June 17, 2011

We held our Volunteer Appreciation in the Ballroom of the Conference Centre and were very impressed! Great room, fabulous food and I mean awesome! and wonderful staff and amazingly generous management to work with! Thank you to all! No questions! We will definitely be back!

Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank KidsKottage
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I have stayed at this Hotel a couple of times and each time I have consistently had a great stay! Because of my business I travel and stay at many hotels but this hotel exceeded my expectations. I had the best sleep of my life as the noise level was non-existent. The service from the front desk and Sales Manager that was available to address a miscellaneous question was great. And the food....OH THE FOOD....was one of those experiences where you are full but keep on eating because you don't want to stop. They had a buffet and a menu option that was delicious! And one of the most important things for me is the cleanliness. The hotel was very clean (including the rooms) and this was very good to see.

The hotel is nearby a grocery store so we were able to run out and grab late night snacks and there are gas stations and restaurants surrounding the hotel.

I also attended an event at the Conference Centre and the staff and facility was great. Very clean and they are also very accommodating.

The hotel is kind of hidden though because you get distracted by the huge Ramada across the way that is noisy, dirty, out-dated, and has rude management! (yes....I have stayed there and done business with them before! The Chateau is actually just across the street from them and in my opinion, waaaaaaay better!

I normally don't write reviews on things but this one I just had to! I will definitely be back there again. =)

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I've been to Edmonton about a half dozen times over the last 15 years. While I have stayed at a different hotel on two occasions, I have found that the Chateau Louis is conistent with their service and I've always had a great stay with them.

My latest stay was for two nights. The restaraunt and bar is a great place to unwind, and they servce great food!

I HIGHLY suggest staying at this hotel while in Edmonton.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Chateau Louis on the night of April 28th and enjoyed the "Royal Wedding" at the conference centre sponsored by High Culture Weddings and Special Events. It was a fabulous morning, everyone was dressed in their best and of course great hats were every where. The Royal Wedding was televised onto large screen TVs in the conference centre. After the balcony kiss a scrumptious traditional English breakfast was served and we also were treated to a piece of delicious wedding cake, compliments of the Art of Cake.

One of the staff members named Sue told me that since I was at the hotel for the Royal Wedding I could have an extended stay in my room and did not have to check out until 4:00 that afternoon. I really appreciated her kindness since I was working on 4 hours of sleep.

Thanks to the Banquet Manager, Nigel for being a gracious host and taking such good care of us and a BIG thank you to Rebecca of High Culture Weddings for a tremendous day. Your event was very classy and I loved the fact that all the money that was collected went to the Stollery Children`s Hospital and to the Edmonton Food Bank as a donation.

Thank you once again for all your hard work.

HATS OFF TO THE CHATEAU LOUIS

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank dawne85
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We had a very nice four day stay. Check-in was smooth, and so was check-out, with no "surprise" fees. Parking is included (outdoor) and so is breakfast. The hot breakfast buffet was much tastier than we expected, with some nice touches such as a "make your own waffle" station, and plenty of fresh fruit alongside the regular offerings of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages etc... We ended up eating there every morning and it was very nice to have it so convenient.

We stayed in one of the King Rooms - it only cost us $15 more than the regular room but well worth the difference in decor which includes a long marble counter, an extra sink and mirror area outside the bathroom, rich brocade bedding, and probably the best hotel toiletries set I've encountered, which even included bath salts and shoe polish. The King Room also offers a bar fridge, and the clean look of wood floors instead of carpet. (I've always found that hotel carpets make a room kind of smelly)

The hotel features a gorgeous spiral staircase in the lobby with a stained glass window, a lobby fireplace, and many other beautiful touches. The French Provençal theme gave me the giggles, having traveled before in France I can't say it was entirely authentic, but somehow it works, and all in all creates a feeling of character and comfort.

The only possible criticism was that it was quite dry in the room at night and the hotel staff didn't have a humidifier to provide. That said, when we returned to our room after mentioning it, we did see that staff had tried to provide some humidity with fans, so A for effort - and we found that running some hot water in the extra sink did help a bit.

The staff was friendly and welcoming throughout. Front desk staff made us feel like welcome guests instead of walking wallets. Even the last day when they were flooded with a conference, they managed to keep up the good service.

Room Tip: King Rooms are worth the price!