All reviewskingsway malltim hortonsroyal alex hospitalnorth wingexpress breakfastbest westernsrestaurant loungeroom was cleanmedical reasonsmedical ratehot tubclose to downtownconvenient locationnice poolexcellent locationwould stay here againa great stay
Reviewed July 23, 2018

i do enjoy the stay here staff is really nice and the amenities are good here my kids really enjoy the pool when we stay here. It is close to the mall if you want to do some shopping as well. prices are very reasonable here

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Douglas C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus City Centre Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2018

Thank you for the review! I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2018

A little bit expensive for the room. Just a standard room but more expensive than other Best Westerns. But continue to stay here, as it is convenient to Hospital, NAIT, and shopping. Pay for convenience. Convenient pre-checkout.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the review! Our rates may seem a little higher, but it's like you said it is all about location. We are conveniently located to many great amenities in the city and have easy access to pretty much everything else.

Reviewed July 20, 2018

I have stayed here many times over the years and have never had a bad stay. The staff are fantastically friendly and helpful. If you are staying because of the nearby hospital, they are extremely compassionate.

I have stayed here for many reasons, hospital trips, business, courses at NAIT, and personal. It fits all criteria for all stays.

EAT AT THE LOUNGE! Runway 39 has some of the best hotel food I have had. Every time I stay and eat here, I get something different and I have yet to get a meal that I don't like. The only downside for some people is that there is no family restaurant here so no kids. Good for me, as I don't have any. They also have a Tim Horton's in the hotel if you are into that.

This hotel is also right across the street from Kingsway Mall. It is a fantastic shopping center with all the mall stores that you expect.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the glowing review! I am a big believer in the Lounge as well! The Club House Wrap is a personal favourite of mine.

Reviewed July 19, 2018

You wouldn't think so from looking at it but the waterslide is one of the best hotel waterslides. Great place for families to stay - I am glad we chose to spend the extra to get the pool and waterslide. Rooms were clean - its a typical Best Western.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family

Thank you for the review! The water slide is incredibly fast and guests of all ages seem to love it.

Reviewed July 19, 2018

I stayed here for a week in preparation for my move to Edmonton. First all the good points:

The hotel is IMPECCABLY clean, both in the rooms and common areas. The cleaning staff do an excellent job and clearly take pride in their jobs. My room was nicely furnished, with a great TV and the bed was super comfortable. Nice shower as well, and bathroom quite roomy. The pool is FANTASTIC - perfect temp, not too hot, not too cold, and a good size (I find some hotel pools are slightly larger than a bathtub, but this one is great!). It also has a beautiful hot tub, ample seating for people watching kids, and a super fun waterslide (beware, it is fun but FAST!).

Really, I only have two negatives, and that is mostly about the location. The first few days I was there, I found that there were groups of people just hanging out in the parking lot which made me a little leery at times. Also, the section I was in for rooms was rather oddly set up - there is a secure entry corridor that runs along all the rooms, so if your curtains are open anyone in the parking lot can see in (if you are ground floor), as well as anyone walking by. That made me feel a bit uncomfortable, but I did always feel safe. Also, I wish the curtains would go to the floor, because the light does spill in from them.

Besides that, it is a well managed, well staffed hotel. Great staff, great rates, super clean and comfy.

Room Tip: Rooms 130 - 160 are less private
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business

Thank you for the detailed review! The housekeeping staff are really something else. They will appreciate the kind comments!

As for your negative points sometimes we will have Tim Horton's patrons in our parking lot. If you ever feel like there's a group who shouldn't be here just call the front desk and we can go investigate! I understand your points about the room set up as well. Next year we are planning to do a big renovation in those rooms to really make them stand out!