“My Hotel Stay”

Best Western Plus City Centre Inn
Ranked #17 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Hotel has been updated new comfortable beds, New TV's and nice to have choice of pillows. Staff are very nice and hey theres a Tim Hortons at the Hotel what more could you want. I stayed to be close to Hospital.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
CityCentreManager, Manager at Best Western Plus City Centre Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Hi Bev

Thank you for your Review on TripAdvisor, we get many people staying with us when they are in from the outlying cities and towns for medical visits. Being so close to the Royal Alexandra, Glenrose and U of A Hospitals make us an ideal choice if that is the reason for your trip. We are also across the street from Kingsway mall if you are visiting Edmonton for shopping.

Thank you again and have a great summer.

Martin

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Best Western Could Be Better...
I stayed there with the family. The benefits are as follows....1.The mall is right across the street.
2.Five minute drive to downtown. 3.Aviation museum just down the road. 4. AMA Is right across the street if you need further further trip information.
But! the service could be better...the management needs to retain the front counter personnel, two young ladies were very rude at times. The only one that was professional and friendly was the manager. The pool facilities are nice to enjoy when they are clean and maintained, and Sorry! to say they fail when it comes to pool maintenance...I had to ask to have the hot tub scum skimmed off! and the temperature turned up. When I brought this to their attention I was rudely treated! like I was a burden. Hopefully they have changed.

Room Tip: Check The pool facilities first.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked the Jacuzzi suite here in Feb. Being a BW I did not have high expectations. The price was $180+ taxes (I believe). When we checked in I saw there were rooms across the parking lot - motel style. I didn't like that, but luckily our room was connected to the main building.
Our Jacuzzi room was amazing. There is a decent sized sitting area with pull-out couch. A wet bar, microwave and mini fridge. the Jacuzzi is a decent size and they have the TV set up on a dresser so you can watch it from there if you like. The bed was very comfortable and there were a lot of pillows.

The bathroom was pretty cramped. There is a vanity separate, but where the toilet and shower are...there is hardly any space. The shower was nice though; there is the main shower head and then a couple sprayers in the middle which were kind of cool.
The room was also very clean.
The only weird thing was the window to the room looks out into the hallway, as there is a hallway between the rooms and the outside wall of the building. So we never wanted to open the curtain to let natural light in as anyone walking by to their rooms could see right in.

There is also Kingsway mall right across the street which is very convenient.

The hotel has a pool with waterslide, which we did not use, but seemed great for families with children.

There was also a continental breakfast but we did not check that out so I am not sure how it was.

All-in-all I would absolutely stay there again in that room.

Room Tip: I do not like the way some of the rooms are accessed from the outside parking lot - like a motel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at the Best Western City Centre Inn while my dad was in the Royal Alexandra Hospital. Not only is the hotel within walking distance, it's central location makes it a perfect choice. Right across the street from one of the best malls in Edmonton, Kingsway, and even the city bus terminal is close by, so you do not have to rent a car. There is a Tim Horton's adjoined to the hotel, and restaurants are nearby. I used the workout centre and pool. I was able to continue my workout schedule, which made me happy. The staff were always friendly and wonderful to deal with. The hotel room was clean, and the bed was so so so comfortable. I had one of the best sleeps I have ever had in five years at that hotel! It was quiet, despite the hotel being fully booked during my stay. I highly recommend this hotel. They have complimentary WiFi, so I was able to bring my laptop and work during my stay. Even though I live in Victoria, and come to visit relatives in Edmonton and could possibly stay with friends or family, I will choose this hotel again due to the friendly staff, reasonable rate, excellent amenities, perfect location, comfortable bed, WiFi, proximity to restaurants. Thank you BEST WESTERN City Centre Inn for making my stay a pleasant one, and being so wonderful and kind to me.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank TweetyBirdqueen
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel (upgraded motel really) is definitely full of convenience as it's close to the Kingsway mall, the Alberta Aviation museum, the city airport and has a full scale Timmy's right next to the lobby. The rooms appear to be recently renovated and are clean and comfortable. As well, the Runway 29 restaurant right above the lobby sets you up nicely to meet friends at a nicely appointed resto. The only thing to note (and not necessarily bad) is that the north wing still feels like a motel. The lower level rooms are accessible individually from the outside with the only window looking into the parking lot. The second level on the north wing has an enclosed hallway with outside windows on one side and room doors on the other. The second level north wing room windows look into the hallway and not outside and these are the only room windows. Moral of the story? Know what to expect on the north wing and if you want a more 'hotel feel' room, stay on the south wing.
Otherwise, for the rate, this hotel/motel is a good find.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank RyGuyz
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Love this hotel! Across the street from Kingsway Mall, Tim Horton's is attached :) The rooms, pool & hot tub are relaxing & clean. The staff are very friendly, compassionate & accommodating! My last stay was while my husband was in the hospital which was within walking distance, another bonus. They looked after my every need & visiting family & friends. Thank you!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family