“try your very least” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
kelowna
“try your very least”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2007

Those of us who travel frequently will run into problems,we are not at home and cant bring everything with us.Thank god there are hotels and services who understand and bend over backwards and go above there jobs to accomidate us.Then there's company's who look at you as simple head of cattle or cash.Upon booking here I booked online for a room here with my pre-paid mastercard .They e-mailed me my confirmation and everything was accepted. I used my pre-paid card so I could give my visa to my daughter for a weekend getaway for completing her collage.The morning of my departure I called city center and confirmed my credit card and reservations.I was told everything was in order can look forward to my arrival. I arrive on fri during klondike day only to find out my reservation was void. That was the lasttime I received a smile.Even a call for a taxi was looked upon with annoyance.I offered to leave a $1500 deposit and was answered with a "nope" as they simply walked away.I left and went to the delta downtown and was greeted like a human being and was relaxing on a bed within 15 min.Thanks delta

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — booking there
  • Stayed July 2007
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank mmhagler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2007

Old and tired but a good location if you have business in the area. Reasonably clean and value priced. The hotel is right on the approach path for Edmonton Municipal Airport so it can be noisy at times. Easy to walk to the Shopping Centre. Tim Horton's is located adjacent to the hotel so you can get breakfast easily, otherwise the hotel has no restaurant that I could locate and there are very, very few suitable places to eat other than the food court in the Shopping Mall across the street.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No reasonable restaurants in the area
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Willy_Pullen
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2003

The location is pleasantly on the fringe of all things great in Edmonton: It is just a short drive to Downtown, Gretzky Drive, White Ave, Whitemud Drive, U of A Campus/Hospitals, Municipal Airport, Kingsway Mall and more. But the rates are reasonable and it is never "crowded" at the motel. This is likely because it is on the fringe and not in the heart of any one area. The rooms are clean and contemporary and the staff is quite helpful and friendly, for Edmonton Accommadations. Plus, the last time I stayed, the Tim Horton's (on site) was always busy with city police topping up there coffee mugs. Combined with their in-house closed circuit surveillance, I felt as safe as I ever have on-the-road.

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member