If you don't have a car, it's almost impossible to get anywhere from here. This hotel is in the middle of nowhere with only the near non-existent hourly public bus to get you anywhere.
They do have a free shuttle to & from the Edmonton (HUGE) mall that you have to book the day before. I used it as a way to get to the mall's bus stop so I could connect to another part of the city and return to the mall by 7pm to get it back to the hotel.
The hotel was very comfortable for the 88 dollars per night I paid. The pool and jacuzzi were decent. They had a nice BBQ party with a band on 8/18/06 on their back patio. (something like 25 bucks all you can eat though I didn't attend)
The restaurant was good for morning breakfast buffets. The staff in the restaurant was friendly as was the front desk staff.
Again, this hotel is FAR from any of Edmonton's attractions! If you don't have a car, you'll have to be crazy like me to do it via the public bus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre welcomes you and your family to our lovely hotel. We offer 168 guest rooms with king and queen size accommodations. Our friendly staff will go the extra mile to help you on your next visit to Edmonton or Sherwood Park. Our hotel has easy access to all major arteries in Edmonton and Sherwood Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia, Carlson, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edmonton Hotel And Convention Centre
- Holiday Inn Edmonton
- Edmonton Holiday Inn
- Radisson Hotel And Convention Centre Edmonton, Alberta