“Nice place to stay!”

Ranked #14 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Brooks, Alberta, Canada
“Nice place to stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My sister and I stayed in edmonton for 4 nights on business,we really enjoyed the edmonton Hotel and convention other than it is really hard to find! Beds are really soft but pillows are not good,cleaning in room was not great the windows and pictures were very dirty.

Great place to stay overall!

Room Tip: I would also ask for new section of hotel!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
22Manager, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Tammysmith826

Many thanks for choosing our hotel.

We are very appreciative of your taking the time to share your positive experiences regarding our guest services. However we do apologize that the pillow is too soft to you and the cleanliness in your room. We have forwarded your feedback to our Head Housekeeper, and certainly we will look into it.

Ling Jin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Korean first
Red Deer, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

It was our first stay here and after seeing it was rated #3 in Edmonton I expected better. Yes it looks nice and I'm wondering if that's where the high ratings come from.
It is located in the oddest area beside burnco and a trailer park in what seems like an industrial area.
Check in was ok, apparently when I called to book the person misunderstood me and booked a suite which we did not need, the original price difference between a room and suite when I called was about $30-40 yet when we got here and discovered the error it was only $10 less. We were also not told where anything was and after saying we'd stick with the suite got to our room and she had put us in the basic room, not a huge deal but just didn't listen.
The room with a king bed had tiny hard pillows, a thin blanket covered with a holy sheet and no extra blanket in sight.
There were only two towels in the bathroom instead of the usual 4 and for someone with long hair I need the extra towel. Just a bit of an inconvenience. As well there were no q-tips or the usual convenience pack since we forgot ours at home.
I went for a swim first thing in the am and didn't know if I needed to bring towels or not (No information in room) and when I got there I had to guess where they were and when I got to the bathroom they were all out, shouldn't that be checked first thing?
I frequent hotels and have to say I was less than impressed with the constant guessing and lack of (what I thought was) basic amenities of a hotel. Probably won't return.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel during your recent stay here at Edmonton Hotel and Convention Centre. We certainly apologize the issues which you have encountered during your stay. And our management team is looking into it. My sincere gratitude for letting us know what you had experienced which provides us with an opportunity to improve certainly hope that we get a chance to welcome you back.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

You wont regret if you stop in the Edmonton hotel and convention centre . The Hotel has a lots of complementary stuff and it's really really nice. I didn't pay a penny for my internet, parking and breakfast. Breakfast at this hotel was delicious . At my breakfast you could choose from cereal,croissants,bacon,eggs, juices, toasts,fruits cheese and more. The front desk also has fresh baked cookies from the kitchen and apples which you can grab as a snack when coming or leaving.

For location I would say that there is not much around and it seems like it's an industrial place,but the hotel has all the amenities you need: restaurant,bar,pool,steam room, hot tab,computer room and gym. If you need anything else its going to involve some driving. Natali at the front desk was really helpful when asking for direction around the city. It doesn't matter if you travel by bus,by car,by train,by plane she knows everything and she will tell you the best way how to get from A to B. The service i received at this hotel was outstanding.

My room was very clean and had microwave and fridge in it. Fridge a little bit small but I guest that's all you need during hotel stay. The room was very quiet, which allowed me to get a wonderful, refreshing sleep . I would defiantly stay in that hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
EHCC, General Manager at Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and comment, we appreciate the feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and everything was comfortable.

On behalf of the team at Edmonton Hotel & Convention Centre, we thank you for the feedback and your business and hope you had a relaxed, enjoyable stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel your next visit in town.

Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed here with my teenage son and adult son recently and had a fantastic time. We were upgraded upon our arrival to a quiet, wonderful room on the ground floor. Comforatble King beds, little kitchen w/ fridge and microwave. The pool is getting a little long in tooth but was clean, as well as the hot tub and steam room. A staff member stopped by to make sure everything was great. The included breakfast was good, coffee carafe for each table and quick and easy to get in, eat and go. Available breakfast buffet included ham or sausages (dependant on day), eggs, hashbrowns, toast, juices, milk, hot cereal, bacon, bacon, bacon and fruit! Something for everyone. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

the lady that helped out with our wedding plans was amazing! what ever we wanted they accommodated, our TV for Karaoke quite they brought us one of theirs. The lighting was not quite right they brought in extra lights that were fantastic. The food the people the rooms were all 10's.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Paraparaumu, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had a 2 week stay in this hotel while visiting our son for his wedding. We had booked because it seemed like good value for the length of time we would be there. We were not disappointed. We had a great room which was kept very clean by the service staff. The included breakfast buffet was great - included both hot and cold choices. Server Lynda was very friendly and made sure we had our pot of coffee. Although the location seems a bit out of the centre, Whyte Ave. was very close and it was a quick drive to the Whitemud and connections to West Ed Mall, South Common, downtown, etc. The only downside was the morning we went out to our car only to find the parking lot flooded ankle deep because of a downpour! We would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
22Manager, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear OomooAba
We are very appreciative of your taking the time to share your positive experiences regarding our facilities and guest services. We hope to have the pleasure of being of service to you again in the very near future, and strive the best as always.

Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Finding my stay in the hotel very relaxing , and the help from Eric on the front desk has been really appreciated as he is alway's happy to help me with an query i have ! Look forward to the last few day's of my two week's stay here. Also their are free cookie's at the front desk but you have to be quick to get one they don't lay on the plate for too long.

Room Tip: Opt for the room's at the back of the hotel because at least then you have a view of the City sk...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Andrew C,
We were really pleased to have received your lovely review. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experiences and recognizing friendliness of our team. We are look forward to welcoming you back in the near future when you are next visiting Edmonton