“New Years Eve Family Event”

Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre
Ranked #19 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I would like to commend all the staff for making our annual New Years Eve event an amazing success. The staff went above an beyond to help us with this event every way possible. The banquet room, the food, the decorating and the graciousness of having to clean up after a good old fashioned New Years Party. Francis was so dilligent and detailed in helping us to select the menu and the timing of the event.

Alot of us stayed in the rooms and all of the parties were very impressed with the accommodation. Looking forward to next years event. Thank you to all the staff at the Edmonton Hotel and Convention Centre and a Happy New Year

Rennie Bernal

Room Tip: Executive Suites are well worth the extra price.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
22Manager, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Rennie

On behalf of management team, I would like to say Thank You for sharing positive comment on Trip Advisor. We are glad you enjoy New Year Party in our hotel. And we are looking forward to seeing you again on coming New Eve.

Ling Jin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,215)

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have booked our Staff Meetings, Board Orientation and smaller group meetings here for the past 18 months. The service and food is excellent. The Catering staff are always available and the Hotel has been very accomodating to support ABC Head Start.

Edmonton Hotel and Convention Centre continues to be our first choice to meet our catering needs.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I booked a lounge/banquet room for an event of 90-100 people 4 weeks in advance. The hotel at first tried to charge us $1000 for the night and we ended up signing the contract for around $400. The week of the party comes and they phone and cancel the reservation for seemingly no reason. I am left making 90 phone calls to cancel this event and am receiving nothing short of a crap explanation for it all. I suspect the hotel got an offer for more money on that evening. UNBELIEVABLE lack of professionalism on this managers part. I however, cannot speak for the room quality/service. I am disgusted otherwise.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
22Manager, Manager at Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear guest

Thanks for your review. It was our management decision to cancel your upcoming event in our hotel due to security and safety reason to our guests and staffs.

We did accommodate your party of 40 guests last month in our hotel. However we have received numerous complaints from other guests and our staffs. And we truly disappointed the behavior of your guests toward to other guests and our employees. We do not like mention details on this public website.

Therefore the disrespect that you have shown to other guests and employees, we decided to cancel your future event.

I believe most reviewers from Trip Advisor will understand our management decision. The Security and Safety of our Gusts and staffs are the first priority.

Best Regards,

Management Team

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I am an Edmonton local and pass this hotel every day on my way to work. This past Christmas season I decided to spend a night Edmonton Hotel and Convention Center to see what it was like. The first impression I got when I walked in the doors was that the hotel was wide open and warm. Very conservative. The front staff are very friendly to the point where I would call them my friends on a personal level. The rooms are very big and very inviting. And don't even get me started on the comfort of the beds. Sadly, I was unable to taste any of their food other than the banana split. It was delicious though.

I recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone. And don't be deceived by the location of the hotel. Its whats on the inside that counts :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2013

It was my first time in this hotel last weekend, becasue my best friend got married next to this hotel. All of us were surprised about the level of serice.We checked in just right after we finished our work on Friday, both of us were exhausted. I have to say that both receptionists made our day , myself any my wife even spent about 10 minutes chatting with them. We would love to spend longer time to chat with them however I had to get ready for the wedding. The room was so modern and clean, we had a good sleep after a long day. We had breakfast in Saturday morning, WOW, it was more than a contiental breakfast, such as surprise! You dont get that in any other hotels of what we paid for. Upon checking out, we servied by a wonderful reception girl, my wife even spent 5 minutes chatting with her.

I would recommend this hotel to all my families and friends who are travelling to Edmonton. It is good value of your pocket, and superb service!!

Room Tip: stay in their executive room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peter s

Dear Peter S,

Thanks very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. All of our team members are motivated by your kind comment. At Edmonton Hotel and Convention Centre, we are offering best value accommodation to our guests, we offering all our in house guest complimentary breakfast buffet. We are looking forward to seeing again in a very near future.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I am usually in the hotel at least 10 days a month the wonderfull people at the front are always there to greet me by name and with a smile. Eric, rajin and fay are the 3 most memerable they always accomodate me and make me smile they are a great asset to the hotel . the rooms are always clean and tidey great job to the houskeeping staff as well i would highly recommend a stay you will returne again and again thank you everyone and see you soon .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike D
22Manager, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Mike D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences and recognizing our location, the excellent quality of our breakfast and the comfort accommodation. All our team members are motivated by your review, specially Rajni, Faye and Eric who are working on Front Desk.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and thank you once again for your lovely feedback which is most appreciated.

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed Dec 17 and 18 2012. Room was clean and comfortable but what really stood out was the staff. From restaurant to service staff to Front Desk everyone was kelpful and cheerful.
This will be my new Edmonton residence when in town

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Dwight O

Thanks you very much for your kind review on Trip Advisor. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. At Edmonton Hotel and Convention Centre, we are trying hard to make sure our service in high standard and consistency, and we are looking forward to see you more often in our hotel.