“ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE”

Ranked #16 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
edmonton
“ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I booked a lounge/banquet room for an event of 90-100 people 4 weeks in advance. The hotel at first tried to charge us $1000 for the night and we ended up signing the contract for around $400. The week of the party comes and they phone and cancel the reservation for seemingly no reason. I am left making 90 phone calls to cancel this event and am receiving nothing short of a crap explanation for it all. I suspect the hotel got an offer for more money on that evening. UNBELIEVABLE lack of professionalism on this managers part. I however, cannot speak for the room quality/service. I am disgusted otherwise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
22Manager, Manager at Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear guest

Thanks for your review. It was our management decision to cancel your upcoming event in our hotel due to security and safety reason to our guests and staffs.

We did accommodate your party of 40 guests last month in our hotel. However we have received numerous complaints from other guests and our staffs. And we truly disappointed the behavior of your guests toward to other guests and our employees. We do not like mention details on this public website.

Therefore the disrespect that you have shown to other guests and employees, we decided to cancel your future event.

I believe most reviewers from Trip Advisor will understand our management decision. The Security and Safety of our Gusts and staffs are the first priority.

Best Regards,

Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I am an Edmonton local and pass this hotel every day on my way to work. This past Christmas season I decided to spend a night Edmonton Hotel and Convention Center to see what it was like. The first impression I got when I walked in the doors was that the hotel was wide open and warm. Very conservative. The front staff are very friendly to the point where I would call them my friends on a personal level. The rooms are very big and very inviting. And don't even get me started on the comfort of the beds. Sadly, I was unable to taste any of their food other than the banana split. It was delicious though.

I recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone. And don't be deceived by the location of the hotel. Its whats on the inside that counts :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed January 19, 2013

It was my first time in this hotel last weekend, becasue my best friend got married next to this hotel. All of us were surprised about the level of serice.We checked in just right after we finished our work on Friday, both of us were exhausted. I have to say that both receptionists made our day , myself any my wife even spent about 10 minutes chatting with them. We would love to spend longer time to chat with them however I had to get ready for the wedding. The room was so modern and clean, we had a good sleep after a long day. We had breakfast in Saturday morning, WOW, it was more than a contiental breakfast, such as surprise! You dont get that in any other hotels of what we paid for. Upon checking out, we servied by a wonderful reception girl, my wife even spent 5 minutes chatting with her.

I would recommend this hotel to all my families and friends who are travelling to Edmonton. It is good value of your pocket, and superb service!!

Room Tip: stay in their executive room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank peter s
22Manager, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Peter S,

Thanks very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. All of our team members are motivated by your kind comment. At Edmonton Hotel and Convention Centre, we are offering best value accommodation to our guests, we offering all our in house guest complimentary breakfast buffet. We are looking forward to seeing again in a very near future.

Mclennan
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I am usually in the hotel at least 10 days a month the wonderfull people at the front are always there to greet me by name and with a smile. Eric, rajin and fay are the 3 most memerable they always accomodate me and make me smile they are a great asset to the hotel . the rooms are always clean and tidey great job to the houskeeping staff as well i would highly recommend a stay you will returne again and again thank you everyone and see you soon .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike D
22Manager, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Mike D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences and recognizing our location, the excellent quality of our breakfast and the comfort accommodation. All our team members are motivated by your review, specially Rajni, Faye and Eric who are working on Front Desk.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and thank you once again for your lovely feedback which is most appreciated.

Best Regards,

REGINA BEACH
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed Dec 17 and 18 2012. Room was clean and comfortable but what really stood out was the staff. From restaurant to service staff to Front Desk everyone was kelpful and cheerful.
This will be my new Edmonton residence when in town

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Dwight O

Thanks you very much for your kind review on Trip Advisor. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. At Edmonton Hotel and Convention Centre, we are trying hard to make sure our service in high standard and consistency, and we are looking forward to see you more often in our hotel.

Alberta
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed here with my family in November. The hotel is a little out of the way...kind of in and industrial area...but about 15 mins drive to Rexall place. With a vehicle it is no big deal at all. But I wouldn't recommend staying here if you don't have a vehicle.
The place looks brand new. The lobby is spacious and nicely decorated and our rooms were a really good size, were clean and comfortable. There is a pool that we saw but did not go in. The breakfast was included with our room and was a hot/continental that was really good. Lots of selection and everything that we needed. It is defiantly more than you normally get with a free breakfast at a hotel!
My only complaint is the fitness center. It is a tiny room with a treadmill, bike, elliptical and a few weights and bowflex thing. The problem is the heat. It was almost unbearable to work out in there...after 25 mins both my mom and I had to leave as we were feeling sick from the heat. Even if they had a fan in there it might help a little.
Other than that this was a great place to stay at a really reasonable price!! I would stay here again on a trip back to Edmonton if I was going to Rexall place for anything.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
22Manager, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Jenna_12Alberta

Thank you very much for choosing Edmonton Hotel and Convention Centre for your recent stay.

We are most appreciative to you for taking the time to recognize our wonderful accommodation, new lobby and our Hot Breakfast Buffet.
I apologize that the temperature was too hot in our Fitness Centre, and we appreciate your comment. We cannot grow without any customer just like you. While we are under renovation, we will certainly improve air circulation system
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We were in Edmonton for a concert. Very friendly, helpful staff. Clean modern room. We booked a smoking room since hubby smokes, and it smelled fresh, not like stale tobacco. Breakfast is included, and it was great, lots of food, and good quality. It is in an industrial area, but we were cabbing it, so no problem for us. It is accessible to attractions anyway. All in all , we enjoyed our stay, and would book again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tracy

Thank you very much for your wonderful review following your recent stay with us.