“amazing staff!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Kamloops, Canada
“amazing staff!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

i stay here for business regularilly. It is my home away from home. The front desk staff welcomes you with awesome cookies, banana bread, fresh fruit, and fun personalities. Eric and jia will make your stay a great one. The housekeeping is top notch and the food services will keep you smiling.

Room Tip: All but the smoking rooms on the top floor are great
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
22Manager, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Mike,

On behalf of management team, we’d like to thank you for your stay at Edmonton Hotel and Convention Centre as regular guest and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are particularly pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you very much for your loyalty and we look forward to continuing to be of good service to you.

Ling Jin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Korean first
Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

My issues were enough that I had to sit down at the airport as I'm waiting on my return flight back to the U.S. (9 Oct 2012).....

I just had a hotel stay at this establishment. I will say that even though it is undergoing renovation, the hotel is very nice & has some definite potential. I was 100% satisfied with the friendliness of the front desk staff upon check-in/out. The fitness facility was just enough & served its purpose.

My only complaint would be with the morning staff working the breakfast area. With the rate that was booked by my employer, my co-worker & I were provided with complimentary breakfast vouchers. I will say that the attendant working the particular area that we sat in (near the windows) was not the most professional. While I was making my plate for breakfast, I heard her using profanity & expressing her displeasure with the patrons that come in with "coupons" (breakfast vouchers). I must add that my co-worker & I were the only gentleman of color in the restaurant - not to say that our skin color had anything to do with it, but it was our perception.

We sat in there for over an hour & watched our waitress attend to the needs of every other table in her zone with at least minimal conversation or displaying any sort of manners. She picked up a plate on my table that I was done using & I told her thank you - she didn't even acknowledge. My coworker had a similar thing happen & he responded with a thank you as well - no reply. Aside from her dropping off the coffee pot & a "to-go" cup when I initially sat down, she only came by to pick up those two plate & made sure that my coworker had is "coupon".

I'm not normally one to complain but I felt that something had to be said. After all this is 2012, people are in need of jobs & if she is so unhappy with her job someone one else could use a source of income.

Mr. Spencer
ms3reservations@gmail.com

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
22Manager, Manager at Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Mr. Spencer,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you again for allowing me to speak to you this morning over the phone regarding the breakfast service experience you and your coworker had at our restaurant on October 9th 2012 morning.

My honest apologies once again to you and to your coworker on behalf of my entire team for the service experience you received at the restaurant.

My sincere gratitude for letting us know what you had experienced which provides us with an opportunity to coach our staff for service improvements and to make them aware that every guest is important and we are here to serve them and take care of their needs.

Thank you again for your patronage and kind understanding and as mentioned earlier; please let us know when you are back again here at the hotel so that I will personally welcome you and your team and wow you with our service in every area of the hotel.

I wish you a good weekend ahead.

Kind regards,

MASIH MOHAMMED outlets manager
Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Excellence all the way around. Francis was great in arranging everything and the staff outdid themselves to serve and be attentive. Nothing was left to chance. The dinner was exellent. Overall it was a 5-star production.

Room Tip: The Jaccuzzi suites are a gift from heaven
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Rene,

It was our pleasure to host your 50th Wedding Anniniversiry in our hotel. I am so gald that all of you did enjoy the anniversity which Francis arranged for you. He is so excited and motivated while he was seeing his him on Trip Advisor.

Thanks again for choosing us for your anniversary and best wishes for your whole family!

Best regards,

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

The friendliest front desk staff ever. Plus the newly renovated rooms are amazing. The mining real fat was great and it was included in the room rate. Daily they had the best cookies available at the front desk for free with fresh apples.

Dear Danny

On behalf of management team at Edmonton Hotel and Convention Centre, I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. It is always really rewarding for us when our guests enjoy their stay so much and appreciate our standards and service. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Stavanger, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

The hotel itself, as well as it's personell and service, has been fantastic. I really enjoyed my stay here! Big thanks to Erik in the reception for his hospitality and help with miscellanious things I asked him for.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
22Manager, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Anders A
I am delighted that you had a great stay with us and thank you for sharing your comment on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled to learn that you found all team members to be great.
I really hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when your travels bring you back to Edmonton.

Best Regards

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had our wedding there in September, the staff was great. Accomodated to all of our food allergy needs. The event coordinator, Francis, for the hotel is great to work with, he was fun, funny, and all around a very nice person. We had a wonderful wedding, it couldn't have been any better :) The rooms were comfortable, and the food, breakfast and dinner, were delicious.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Elizabeth R

Thank you for such a positive review about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We have shared your comment through entire team, and everyone is motive by your kind feedback, especially Francis. It’s our pleasure to host your weeding and made your DAY special.
It is always extremely encouraging for our team to know that their efforts are recognised and appreciated and we thank you for taking the time to share your positive commendations with us.

Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here again last 18 September only for a night and again another great stay. Excellent room, excellent front desk staff, excellent breakfast. everyone in this hotel are ready to go beyond the call of duty just to help a guest; most especially Sherwin. thank you again and ill be all seeing you again next time I am in Edmonton.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
22Manager, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Ambu007,
Thank you very much for staying with us again, we appreciate your comment on Trip Advisor for us. At Edmonton Hotel and Convention Centre we are trying very hard to keep our high quality service consistency. We are looking forward to seeing you again in not long distance future.