“Average Hotel”

Ranked #16 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Edmonton, Canada
“Average Hotel”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Nothing too special about this hotel. We were promised a brand new king size bed... what we got was a very soft, obviously not new bed. I had a sore back for days after sleeping one night in it. The room was not too bad besides the disappointing bed. They were renovating when my boyfriend and I stayed so it would be nice to see it post renovations. This would not be my first choice hotel though.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dezzy E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Korean first
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Booked a room using a Groupon for a night in Edmonton for my girlfriend and I while in town attending a concert. The hotel is undergoing some major renovations so be prepared for a bit of a chaotic arrival with temporary entrances, constructions workers, dust and a crowded lobby.

After reading previous Trip Advisor reviews on this property I learned that a new wing had been built and to make sure that I requested a room in the new wing. I did this two times by emailing the hotel receiving no reply and obviously the message was not received as we were placed in the old part of the hotel. When we checked in we requested a room in the new wing and were told that they could put us in the new wing which was great! Once settled in the room the manager called and asked me to come to the front desk. When I went up I was told that I was going to be charged a $30 upgrade fee. I got into a bit of an argument with the manager as nothing was said about this on the groupon or when we checked in. In the end I was not charged however was upset at how this was handled.

As far as the room goes the room we had in the new wing was very nice. The bathroom and shower was fabulous and the bed was probably the most comfortable bed I have slept in. The location is quite industrial so you will need to take a taxi or your own vehicle if heading out as there is nothing near to walk to.

I should also mention that we ordered room service and the food was fantastic and extremely affordable.

For now I would avoid the hotel until all the construction is done unless you get yourself a rate that can't be beat.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank JerDog
simpsoM6, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.

I am happy that in the end you were satisfied with your room, food and amenities and I apologize that someone did not get back to you in regards to your original booking. I am not sure how that happened as website booking emails all end up sent to three different people.

I do want to point out that our website does say that we are under renovations firstly. Secondly we ran a Groupon Special at $60/night just for that reason. We are almost done our renovations completely and wanted to bring in some new guests to see that our hotel is on it's way to becomming one of the nicest in this area. Groupon deals are often lower priced because it is a standard or basic service being offered. Our Groupon Deal "Clearly" states valid for STANDARD QUEEN OR KING ROOM. And regardless of what a guest would like, a standard room is all the coupon is good for. We do however and have offered a client an upgrade option for a fee, which in your case was $30/night. In the end you still received an Executive King, brand new room for $90, well below the regular nightly cost. We also allow people to upgrade to Jacuzzi suites, add on romance packages etc but that is something we ask at check in or time of reservation.

We try our best to accomodate all situations and all requests, and I would say that communication was where we were lacking in this instance. Our agents should have informed you at checkin of the optional upgrade fee and again I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Just for future reference, ALL GROUPON, DEALFIND, LIVING SOCIAL COUPONS are only valid for standard rooms. They do not include breakfast, they do not include taxes, they are not valid with any other offers, and have no cash value. All of this is clearly stated on the coupon and in the purchase description you receive prior to purchase. As a vendor I would advise clients to read the terms and descriptions of each of these internet specials prior to purchase.

Mandy Simpson
Director of Sales
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed July 12, 2011

This hotel has upgraded their rooms and the new building is like a luxury hotel. This is where I am gong to be staying from now on when coming to town. Awesome

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank sjcan8119
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Obviously still under renovation. Was under renovation 12 months ago when I was here last time. Dust in the room was constantly visible and the bathroom smelled of mold. Room was nice. Comfortable bed. Very friendly and courteous staff.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Decent price for a renovated room. Had marble in bath room and flat screen tv. Bed was very clean and comfortable. Major downfall is that hotel under construction and they do not advise of this at check in. Room is renovated but lacks a fresh look. Still appeared somewhat cheap with wall paper peeling and chair in room very dirty, burned, and fabric worn off. Also none of the rooms at this hotel have windows that open and the AC unit worked for ten minutes then would blow regular air. Maintenance came up twice and unit worked for ten mins. Really warm in room. Room did include a free breakfast which was nice but not enough to come back.

• Stayed June 2011
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Despite the initial appearance of the outside of this hotel (under extensive renovation) or it 's industrial area location, this is a great place to stay! Rooms were exceptionally clean, lots of room and the three-head shower was far and away the best of any hotel we have ever stayed! Especially enjoyed the complimentary room upgrade to King sized beds!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank brdbabies
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2011

While travelling for a business meeting, I stayed at the hotel for 1 night. Upon arrival late at 11pm, I was still greeted warmly by the front desk. They also informed me, since this was the first night I have ever booked here, the hotel had upgraded me to a Junior Executive suite with no extra charge. The room was in the newly renovated part. It was new, modern, fresh, and clean, and very spacious. I wish I had brought my spouse with me to share the room! The complimentary hot breakfast was enjoyable. There was a buffet style with the following selection: French toast, bacon, sausages, scrambled eggs, fruit salad, cut fruits, muffins, orange & apple juice. Service was quick for coffee too! Overall a very enjoyable experience and I will definitely stay there again next trip!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business