“Really Rude”

Century Casino Edmonton
Ranked #132 of 191 things to do in Edmonton
Reviewed July 4, 2014

There was no one at reception when we went to check in, and when the girl finally showed up, she seemed in a hurry and unwilling to answer our questions. The room was nice, and food plus service was good at the cafeteria. Security we found very unfriendly when going into the casino. Some pushy guard named Norman insisted upon seeing our ID, and didn't like the looks of my cap I was wearing. An alright place to go gamble, but the atmosphere ruins the experience.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The casino is great and very enjoyable with something for everyone to play. The staff on the floor are very polite and professional. In the casino there are three restaurants to choose from, we picked Mingles Sports Lounge of which was a huge disappointment. I wouldn't return to this place for any food or snacks. This is the first time I have ever written a bad review!
When we first arrived the staff was friendly and approachable. We ordered the sampler platter of spring rolls (only 3 in a full order), the lobster won tons (odd taste combination, not recommended to order) and the panko shrimp (yummy!). For supper I ordered the Teriyaki vegetable stir-fry with shrimp and chow mien noodles. My hubby ordered the War Won ton soup. Our platter and mains came at the same time which gave us a feeling of being rushed. The War Won ton soup was flavorless, no soy sauce was offered or on the table so we had to wait 20 minutes before flagging down our waitress. Even after he added the soy sauce and hot sauce it wasn't appetizing. For the first time I actually refused a plate of food and asked for something else. The teriyaki sauce was cold, gloppy, heavy coated everything on the plate. I was trying to wipe off sauce in order to eat a veggie. It was terrible! The veggies came from a frozen bag of mixed veggies, it was very salty. The chow mien noodles tasted stale even after I tried adding some of the teriyaki sauce. I pushed away my plate and couldn't eat it. Again we had to track down our waitress (another 20 mintues), it was like she was avoiding us on purpose. I explained why I wanted to send it back to kitchen and order a salad, she acted confused and walked away not even taking the plate with her. About 10 minutes later she returned, asked what kind of salad I would like and then told me to go make my own salad from the buffet. I was fine building my own salad (which was yummy by the way) but her attitude was poor. We will return to the casino again but will not be eating here.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I used to live quite close to the Century Casino, so I'd go there often when I wanted a night out.
Firstly, I love the look of the casino. It's very clean and modern and they always have great slot machines to play.
However, I don't go here anymore because this casino is far too crowded for my liking. If you can find a parking space, you're lucky.
Once you're in, if there's a certain machine you hoped to play, good luck. I've seen people standing in line to play a machine they've wanted. It's too crammed. There's chairs, people and tables everywhere. I'd rather go to Yellowhead or Palace Casino, where it's much bigger.

2  Thank JeffsJess
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Dinner show called Queens Of Country Tribute. The casino is on Fort Road to the NE of the city centre amongst a strip of stores, car lots etc. so not the most appealing of locations. The show room is off to the left of the entrance with the casino proper on the right.
I was expecting to be served dinner however it is in fact a help yourself buffet. The food was fairly standard buffet fair. Ok but in no way special. The tables themselves are very cramped with no room to move between them so if someone further down the 8 person table wishes to leave you have to stand push your chair in and move to the end to let them out. They need to remove some tables and space them out more to make it more comfortable.
The show itself was petty good. The girl singer whilst not having the best voice in the business was however very entertaining. She had a good stage presence and a great line in "ad libs".
We will go again the next time there is a show we want to see but may give the "dinner" a miss.