“Safe choice”

Cuisines: Chinese
New York
“Safe choice”
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

The food was a bit better than just ok. It wasn't bad but it's wasn't great. Dishes were on the salty side and a bit too greasy for my taste.
It's however a safe choice to make to feed a larde group.

Montreal
“Closest thing to China”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

What struck me about the place at first is that it is located in a Comfort Inn then I thought "why not give it a try" and I was quite pleased! The server is caucasian like me but stayed in China for 5 years before coming back so he told me a couple of stories about his days in China and did some nice recommendations for my meal. Food was excellent by the way! Only down side like most asian restaurant is the atmosphere which is close to nothing (aside of cource the waiter's stories!!!)

Visited July 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“WORST EVER!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is probably the worst restaurant i have eaten in not just in Edmonton or Alberta probably the whole of Canada. Our entree took 1 hr to arrive and yes it arrived before the appetizer. We had to order the appetizer 3 different times since the waiter kept saying " I wouldn't recommend that". The entree was one of the worst we have eaten in our entire lives and the appetizer was a cold chicken salad that tasted like s**t. According to the waiter, the sequence of meals depends on the chef's mood. All in all, and i'm not kidding, we ended up going to McDonalds after to get some food and i hate McDonalds so you can imagine. *WORST RESTAURANT AND SERVICE EVER*

• Visited April 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Going downhill”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The qualities of food are decreasing dramatically. Dishes portions has been cut compare to last year. I think they decreased their inventory so sometimes they don't have the dishes that you like. I've been seeing customer left because all the dishes they want were not available. Waiters are friendly and interesting. Birds Nest is no longer my favor place for real Chinese food in Edmonton.

• Visited June 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great location and food”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I ate alone here on a business trip which is not the best way to visit a Chinese restaurant. The dish I had was great, prices were good. I would definitely go back but with others so we could sample more dishes.

Visited December 2011