“Scotch and wine bar more accurate”

The Bothy Wine & Whisky Bar
Ranked #104 of 2,593 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Utilizes local products, small, simple but delicious menu is designed to compliment various scotch offerings. Uses the Enomatic system for wines and champagnes, allowing the customer to have a glass of a wine when they may not want a whole bottle.
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

HUGE selection of scotch varieties, from chivas to $1000 bottles of Islay

Red wine list is 1 page long, only 4 whites though

Comfort foods with a Scottish twist, lamb curry, Mac and cheese with steak and peas etc

Great service, sit at the bar and enjoy the accent!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I was quite excited when a friend suggested we meet at the Bothy for lunch. However, it was not quite what I expected. I found the menu to be both price-y and limited. $17 for a sandwich? $18 for a small meat pie or mac and cheese? I ordered the chicken pie with soup. The soup was purportedly vegetable but what I received was a very spicy, beige concoction. So spicy, in fact, that I could not eat it. The chicken pie had very little meat in it, and what there was was scrappy dark meat. Crust was burnt. We waited a long time for our meal, even though it was not that busy. Only up side was the nice waitress (I did not catch her name). So as a lunch venue I'd give this a miss.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This place was a bit more classy than I was expecting. I think of the English or Scottish pubs as bigger venues with lower end scale food, but this was a nice surprise. Yes it was a small, intimate setting with a bar to sit at as well. Good ambiance for small or large groups. The wine selections are quite upscale too (did not try whiskey which is what they are known for) and small tasters are also available. The food included some Scottish traditions such as haggis, but I stuck to the Bothy Blast. This was one of the best sandwich's I have had with a unique combo of smoked salmon, avacado, bacon and tomato with a pesto mayo - delicous! The clam chowder soup was ok but there are other options for sides too. The staff were very helpful...espeicially trying to avert an another annoying patron who invaded my space. I would have loved to stay for another wine, it was only the other customer who had me leaving early! The staff did what they could to assist with the situation! No complaints.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

What I liked best about this restaurant was the atmosphere,the fare and the service. Doesn't leave much to disappoint. A great place to just go and hang out. Sample a flight of wines. Taste some great cheeses and meats. All in a very relaxing and cozy atmosphere. The menu selections were also sufficient to satisfy our group. The presentation was fantastic, the portions plentiful and tasted great. The chef even made his rounds to each table to see if everyone enjoyed their meal. Our waitress was hilarious. She engaged with us and provided all of us with great selection advice on what wines,cheese,meats and mains to order. I cracked up when she made the comment "don't order that, I am tired of that! I am going to make a habit of going there whenever I am in Edmonton

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Love it, tiny intimate dining, knowledgeable servers. Great place to sit and taste the night away! Whiskeys, wines, cheeses, charcuterie platters, special mains to return to time and again.