“Stunning!!”
Review of Guru Restaurant

Guru Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Guru Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 2,527 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My business partner suggested an Indian Restaurant for our last day in Edmonton and I was totally blown away by this awesome gem of a place! The owner who was also the host sat us at a very nice quiet table and also got our drinks for us!The food was outstanding, service was impeccable and their chocolate dessert naan was to die for! I have never had butter chicken like this ever before.We keep travelling to Edmonton for business and I can't wait to get back to try out some of their other dishes on the menu.

4  Thank Samantha P
JEET_GURU, General Manager at Guru Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Hi Samantha,
Thank you very much for your kind comments.We look forward to seeing you soon at Guru!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We took my dad for his birthday in October, so when it came to my birthday in December my dad asked where I would like to go. I told him to Guru. On entry I was greeted with a "happy birthday Hazel" which was a nice surprise. Once again we had an excellent meal and the service was next to none. After our meal I was given a complimentary dessert, which was delicious. The overall atmosphere was very relaxing for an evening meal and there was enough food for me to take leftovers home and enjoy the experience again the next day. Thank you Guru for that "special" service you gave us. We shall certainly be returning.

2  Thank Hazel J

Dear Hazel,
Thanks you so much for your great comments. I am glad that you chose Guru for your birthday dinner and we look forward to seeing soon at Guru!
Thanks

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Happy with dinner. Flavours are well developed and spices just about right. The menu is missing a few expected items and the meat came out just a little overcooked but still very good overall. Given the limited choices for Indian in Edminton Guru could well be the best choice.

1  Thank Sirmeus

Greetings from Guru!
Thank you so much for your kind comments and we look forward to seeing back at Guru!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were very happy with the freshness of the food and the quality of the service! The price was reasonable for the amount of food that you receive, we had leftovers to take home. It was nice to see the chefs preparing the food in the kitchen! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes Indian food!

3  Thank Jcgilroy
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went to Guru for supper on our last night in Edmonton. We ordered naan, vegetable samosas, lamb vindaloo and tandoori chicken. The meal was excellent and very flavourful. The manger also sent us a complimentary 'kulfi' for dessert which was an excellent way to end our meal. The management and servers were very attentive and seemed to be genuinely interested in what we thought of our dining experience. This is a great place to eat and we will be back next time we are in Edmonton.

1  Thank Raydayle