“The best butter chicken in Edmonton”
Review of Guru Restaurant

Guru Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Guru Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 2,555 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My wife and I love butter chicken and have eaten it all over the world, throughout India and at almost every Indian restaurant in Edmonton. This is the best. At one time, there was a rival, but the rival changed their recipe and now Guru stands alone at the top.

1  Thank JimCelineSamZachZoe
JEET N, General Manager at Guru Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you so very much for your nice comments about Guru! We look forward to seeing you soon at Guru!
JEET

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Went with a large family group. We were seated in a nice separate room. Service was absolutely outstanding. Food was excellent and enjoyed by all, even those that had some doubts about Indian cuisine. Should be at the top of your list.

Greetings from Guru!
Thank you for your kind comments! It is indeed a pleasure to see that you and your friends and family enjoy our restaurant and we hope to see you soon at Guru!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I go to Guru almost weekly. If I can't find any friends to go with, I'll just go by myself. Yes, the food is that good.

In my opinion, once you've experienced guru, there are no other restaurants in Edmonton worth going to. The staff (including manager and head chef) always treat me very well. The food is amazing, and once you try their butter sauce, you'll be hooked. Quality is the key word to describe this restaurant. From the food, the atmosphere, the service, it's all great. My favourite is the Paneer Butter Masala, Garlic Naan, Guru Chai, and Ras-malai. Oh yes, check out the samosas as well.

Open your mind to indian food at Guru. You won't regret it.

#1 guru fan

1  Thank Grant M

Greetings from Guru!
Thanks a lot for your very positive comments. Each day we strive to do our best to ensure that we exceed your expectations and it is comments like yours that motivates us to do even better!
Look forward to seeing you back at Guru!

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Good waiters , and the cook came out and talked to us , which was cool . The place was all good . The food was spicy, and so both my wife and I drank alot of water. If you like this type of food , it would be great cause there was lots to eat. Cool bread ! Price 60 with 2 drinks

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This restaurant is large, but with a great atmosphere. The menu is varied and the food is extremely tasty and authentic.

Greetings from Guru!
Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate feedback and it is our guest's comments that drive us forward and help us in doing what we do best! Look forward to seeing you at Guru!