“Great place for family get-togethers...”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - South Edmonton Common
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - South Edmonton Common is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 2,540 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Went here for a family dinner. We were a party of 9 and were seated quickly despite the restaurant being very busy... The ambiance was great as was our server who knew her menu inside-out. The food was absolutely wonderful and was served in a reasonable amount of time... everything cooked the way our server said it would be... so no surprises there... which was good. :) If you want a good meal, done the way you like it, give this Keg a try...

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Keg is my favorite restaurant hands down. This location was no different. I have been here twice during my two week visit to the city of Edmonton. I went once during the week and once on Saturday night. During the week it was basically empty, Saturday was jammed. I was there at 5 oclock and there was a huge line. I was by myself and only wanting to sit at the bar watch the TV and have a great meal. Both times i was not dissapointed. I ordered starters both times and they both were served piping hot, witch has happened at other Keg's not in this city, so keep it up. I had the peppercorn strip loin one night and the signature baseball the other, both entree's were cooked to perfection.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

we had and "ok" meal but expected better. it wasn't as good as i remembered. our waiter took a long time to bring our water and take our orders, but in his defence it was a busy friday night. i had filet mignon and a twice baked potato. it was quite good. my husband had prime rib and garlic mashed potatoes. his steak was supposed to be medium rare but it looked completely rare - like fresh out of the fridge! he sent it back to be cooked and when he got it back it was hardly cooked and slopped on his potatoes. very careless! it was very tasteless. these 2 meals with no drinks, appies or dessert came to $65. quite expensive for just ok, i think....

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Whenever we go to The Keg there are no surprises. Food and service always very good. Sometimes excellent. The only downside is that there are no reservations. However we often take a lounge seat instead of waiting for the dining room.
I guess I would prefer if there were a couple more salads to choose from, but what there is is always good.
We are partial to the peppercorn steak. It is always tender, and delicious.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

First off, I must say that I've been a Keg diner for years.

Decided to go to The Keg in South Edmonton Common last night for my birthday supper. It wasn't a very nice evening (and middle of the week to boot), so we weren't concerned with reservations. As expected, we were seated right away. Unfortunately it was a table out in the open unstead of a booth, but I would guess that we could have gotten a booth if we had requested.

Now, I realise that The Keg is a bit higher in price due to being, well.. "The Keg". Two of us left after a $98.00 bill, which included 2 tap beers and 2 entrees, no extras or dessert. That's a bit high, Keggers.

We both had "specials", mine was the prime rib with snow crab for $32.95 (I believe), and his was the sirloin with jumbo shrimp and scallops (8 oz steak).

What happened to au jus? I'm pretty certain than the sauce that came with my prime rib was watered down gravy. The twice baked potato was good, 1/2 a snow crab was good. All in all not too much to complain about with MY meal.

His meal, on the other hand.. ok, an 8 oz sirloin was somewhat of a baseball cut. 2 shrimp and 2 scallops, for the veggies he had about 5 asparagus spears and a couple zucchini chunks. Really? For $32.95?

The service was ok, waiter was nice enough.

I don't know, from this visit, I can't say The Keg shines as anything special. Really.