“Best Western South Edmonton - Exceeded Expectations”

Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Best Western South Edmonton - Exceeded Expectations”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Lovely hotel with easy highway access in south Edmonton. Clean, bright rooms with plenty of space in bedroom and bathroom. Friendly staff. Complimentary Breakfast lived up to it's 'hot breakfast' billing with many choices for different tastes and diets. As a Diamond Club member who stays at many hotels I will be back and stay here everytime!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Kathlene M
Sandeep G, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Kathlene M,

Thank you so much for being a valued Diamond Member and patronizing our brand and the hotel.

I thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and it gave me immense pleasure to know that we have lived up to your expectation and you would be returning back to us for your next stay.

We all here look forward to see you with us soon.

Sandeep Ghosh, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Airdrie, Canada
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed on 2 separate nights this past week for work. Greeted with complimentary water and a snack, follow-up call to my room within 45 mins, excellent service as always. Room and bathroom were cleaned very well.
It was a quiet stay, which while travelling for business, is always important to me; I appreciate a heavy door and thick walls to block out noise. Wifi kept disconnecting, but that may have been my laptop (no problems at the hotel I'm at tonight, so....)
Great for a comfortable stay and service levels and consistency are always an added plus. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed February 2014
Sandeep G, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Ms_Independent08,

Thank you for the lovely feedback that you have given.

It is always our prime task to ensure that we give our best for each and every guest who stays with us. I hope you have enjoyed each and every aspect of our hotel.

I am sorry that you had faced some inconvenience due to our WiFi but we have started to place new WiFi system in out hotel and in next 2 days it will be up and running and assure you that in future this problem will never arise.

Thank you again for staying with us and see you soon again.

Sandeep Ghosh
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Since we started visiting Edmonton frequently I have tried to book a room but it was always full so I was excited to be able to stay there on this trip and so were my kids. We stayed for 3 nights, I have to say the beds were extremely comfortable, size of our deluxe queen room was great but I did notice the tv seemed too small for the size of the room. The big attraction was the water slide but I guess it's also a reason why the pool area was over crowded. There were sports teams staying at the hotel the same time so it made everything seem over crowded including the breakfast room. The free breakfast is ok, good that its included but definitely nothing spectacular, seemed to be always running out of food items. As for cleanliness it was just ok, I noticed a spot on one of the bed sheets the first night I didn't know if it came from one of my kids because one of them jumped in the bed before I had a chance to check them I always try to do that, never the less I put the card on the bed to have the sheets changed and it never happened our whole visit. The internet wasn't very good either we tried to order pizza online and it took me 45 minutes to complete my order because I kept losing the connection. The rooms were quiet we hardly heard any outside noise but we did have some issues trying to regulate our heat. Overall it was far from a terrible hotel, I would probably just choose to stay somewhere else next time, maybe it was because of the large number of teams staying at the same time not the actual hotel itself but it definitely wasn't one of my best hotel experiences.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sandeep G, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Simmons_fam,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor and I happy that you enjoyed your stay but in some areas we missed out serving you better.

I am sure that with your feed back we will improvize on our processes and make it better in the areas mentioned by you.

I am sorry that you faced some problems with the sports team which stayed with us and it got crowded in some areas and I will see how we can handle this more smoothly.

I have also spoken to my housekeeping staff on the bed cleanliness and change of linen when there is a card placed and I am sure we won't have this issue in future.

For the internet, I can understand your concern and we have just signed a contract with a different supplier and in next 3 weeks we will have new WiFi in place and this problem will be eradicated for future.

I am sure that you will give us one more chance and I am sure we won't disappoint you.

Thank you again and look forward to see you with us.

calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 8, 2014

When I think about coming to Edmonton I always think about your hotel if its full I try to stay away from Edmonton as I don't feel very comfortable in other hotels . Its the way you bond to it always clean and very rare to get disappointed , Thanks guys keep the rooms clean as always! just make sure the Heaters all well maintained . sometimes they fail or noisy fan or slow in heating . But over all well maintained!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Dear Joseph Mr R,

Thank you for patronizing our hotel over a over again and it's a very proud feeling when our guest says that they don't stay in Edmonton at all if they can't get room with us.

I thank you for such a lovely feedback and I assure you that we will keep our standards high in future too.

I have also noted your feedback on the heating maintenance and will ensure that we keep a strict watch and maintenance schedule in place for the heaters and HVAC syatems.

Look forward to see you soon again.

Canada
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I'll start by stating I am a frequent traveler and am a platinum member of most hotel membership programs.

Carpets and tile floors are extremely dingy. All you have to do is look at the floor beside the bedside tables or dressers and you can see that the staff do not vacuum anything but the high traffic area's. As for the tile...look at the color of the grout on the baseboards and compare it to the flooring. Floor grout: black. Baseboard grout: original color. When I used the pool area, I could actually see the water change color from the shower as it made its way to the floor drain. Gross! Its obvious that the floors have never been cleaned with anything but a mop & bucket, when they should be cleaned with an autoscrubber - daily. I'm surprised Best Western allows this property to be classified as a "Plus" hotel. This was my second stay at this hotel. Unfortunately, I won't be returning.

If I can say anything positive about this hotel is the staff. They are super friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Scubaprof ,

Thank you for your feedback on our service and product and also for being a valued Best Western Rewards Member.

We take our guest feedback very seriously and in the past there had been so many instances that when the guest gives us feedback, we take it as a tool for improvement and this way we tackle the areas where we sometimes do miss out.

You feed back is very valuable in regards to our success and i have noted each and every feedback of yours and have started working on it, like we do always.

I am sorry that you have to go through the room cleanliness issue and I have made the deep cleaning process more stringent for our housekeeping team to follow.

I am not sure about your swimming pool area comments as all these years this is the first time we had this type of comment and we cater to so many small kids and families during weekends and never received any hygiene issue related to that area as its our responsibility as a hotel management to keep that area as hygienic as possible due to kids using that area. If you can do me a favour and let me know what made you feel like this then I can relook into our cleaning schedule hopefully.

We had been Plus for 4 years plus due to our service and consistency in delivering the same and I know that sometimes we do fail in providing our best to some guest but those guest feedback assist us in dealing with those areas where we lack and we do come up to those guest expectations in there future stay always.

I can request you to please give us another chace and I am sure you will see and feel the difference.

Thank you for your time to give us this feedback.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Great hotel, friendly staff and comfortable room...would recommend for business or personal travel for anyone staying in the South Edmonton area...the room was very well equiped, good internet access and nice shower.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Dayna B,

Thank you for your lovely feedback on our hotel service and product.

I am happy that we were able to exceed your expectations and I am sure that we will keep on delivering our best in future too for all our guest.

I look forward too see your with us soon.

Calgary
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have stayed here several times now and have always found the staff courteous and helpful. The hotel is quite new and seems to be maintained well. Booking well in advance saves $$ and this hotel can be full if you wait till the last moment!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Bald_Prairie,

Thank you so much for the review and also patronizing our hotels over the years and we value your support for our hotel.

I am happy that we are doing good in our service and were able to met your expectations always.

If there is anyway you want us to improve more, do give us your feedback and we will work on it and make it better.

Look foreard to see you with us again.