Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites
GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary
“Nicr hotel”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in December. Nice hotels. Lots of shopping around the area. Staff is friendly. Breakfast was 6/10. Pool has a slide which was perfect for kids. Hot tub was too hot. Apparently, there hot tub always been like that. Overall , I would stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Sandeep G, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Pathfinderfan,

Thank you for your lovely comments on our service and product and i am happy that we have come to your expectations and I am sure that in future we will keep doing our best for all our guest.

I am sorry for the hot tub and i will surely see that the temperature is as per the standard and processes.

Thank you again and look forward to see you with us soon.

Have a great new year!

Sandeep Ghosh, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We come to Edmonton once or twice a year to visit relatives and shop at ikea, the last time we were here we booked our room online and got a great price.

We like to stay here because it's so close to the shopping area we like and it's good value for the money (online prices) if you book through the hotel you pay more. But I would rather pay what the hotel is asking rather than stay any where else.

They have a pool, a great breakfast and wonderful rooms (the only downside to the room is the water-saving shower heads, I prefer more pressure)

We will be staying here again and we are looking forward to it. It's a great hotel and the staff is always very friendly and accommodating !

Stayed January 2013
Dear Rudoskis,

Thank you for your feedback and patronizing our hotel always and we appreciate your business and look forward to see you with us in future too.

I am really happy that over the years you have liked the service and the product and it's an accomplishment for the team to ensure that we keep our standards high in all factors and you are the best judge as you have seen us over the years.

Thank you again for bestowing your trust on us and assure you our best always.

Have a very happy new year!

Wainwright, Canada
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in Canada and you expect it to be equipped for Canadian winter. I am from Alberta and I frequent West Edmonton Mall. I am writing this review from the room. We normally stay at the Holiday Inn Express.
The bad:
1. THE ROOMS are cold the thermostat is just there as decoration. We went to watch a movie and had the heat maxed because it was -40°C and it was still cold in the room.
2. THE SHEET are not made for winter. They are thin but would be good for summer.
3. THE NOISE the rooms are not well insulated and you can hear every little thing whether it's outside in the corridor or if it's the room next door or across the hall.
4. THE TV is straight cable and make noise anytime you change the channel.
5. PRICE is about the same as any other hotel around.

The GOOD
it's Christmas. Merry Christmas and I hope you don't go here. It's not worth it.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Owl965
Sandeep G, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Owl965,

Thank you for your candid feedback on your stay and I appreciate that you took some time out and let us know what you liked and disliked in your stay.

Feedback like these are greately appreciated from our staff as I always feel that till the time we don't get some improvement feedback we won't know where we have to work more and where we can do better so that we can exceed our guest expectations.

Regarding your feedback, I would like to request you that if you had been in the room and as temperature dropped, our front desk staff would had been more than happy to provide you with extra blankets or duvets; and thats what we do for lot of guest staying with us.
Also if the review is done in last week (7 days) as it is posted yesterday, in Edmonton we did not had -40 temperature in last 7 days; so I feel there is something missing in the feedback.
The AC/Heat units in the rooms are motion sensors and thats why it did not heated your room when you went out and we belive that the energy we save today will be useful for much better and greener world in future and for generations to come.
In Edmonton, no hotels have different linens for winter and summer and I hope no where in other countries or North america also it's a said practice. the linen we use is Best Western approved and as per standard like most other brands.
I hope to see you and appreciate if you can speak to manager incase of any issues that can be handled at that point of time and does not concern any bad service by staff.
Thanks again.
Sandeep Ghosh
edmonton, Canada
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I am a business traveler and I stay in hotels weekly. I stay at Best Westerns regularly. I was a little disappointed after reading all the positive reviews for this hotel. Being a diamond member you are normally recognized as one upon check in. I am normally eligible for a room upgrade when available. Neither happened. The room upgrade was available as I checked on the internet after I checked in. As I stay in hotels approx. 30 weeks per year I guess I will have to give this one a miss.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Dean O,

Thank you so much for your feedback and letting us know what went wrong and I am sure that with your comments and feedback we will improvize on our service and do much better in future.

I thank you for your time to speak to me and giving us the chance to resolve this to your satisfication and I will wait for you to be in touch with me for your next stay with us.

I am sure that in future we will be more aware of our Elite Members and I would like to thank you for being one and trusting Best Western always and I assure you we won't disappoint you in future.

Merry Christmas.

Edmonton
Reviewed December 12, 2013

The headline says it all - this hotel met or exceeded my expectations in all areas.

A special bonus: The staff knew it was my boyfriend's birthday and they put a bottle of white wine and two wine glasses in our room. This meant a lot to me because it showed that they went above and beyond to make our evening special.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear nicole_ca,

Thank you so much for staying with us and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to exceed your expectations.

I am sure that we will keep performing our best in future too and we all look forward to have you with us again.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Clean, quiet, and friendly hotel experience. Professional and attentive staff. General Manager can be seen on the floor greeting guests including me. The bed is so comfortable it makes me realize I have to buy a new one back home. Spacious rooms, good internet connection, and a very responsive heating system in room. Breakfast was decent, and the gym could use an update to its workout machines. I still would easily recommend this hotel property to my friends and family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear James K,

Thank you so much for taking some time out and putting such lovely feedback on your stay with us.

We at Best Western Plus take each and every feedback in a very positive way and always try to exceed our guest expectations and it gives me immense pleasure that in your case we have acheived that.

I am sure that we will see you with us soon and have a awesome new year and Merry Christmas.