“Sons wedding”

GreenLeadersSilver level
herts
“Sons wedding”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Our son emigrated to Edmonton from the uk with his Canadian fiancé lat year.
We have come to Canada for a weeks vacation to see them married.
The room is excellent,2 queen size beds ,good size bathroom. , as stated before duvets could be better but adequate.
The staff are friendly and helpful...
The only downside is the breakfast facilities, the food at best is adequate but mass produced but my real issue is the plastic cutlery, plastic cups and paper plates ...horrible....feel like I'm in a care/ correction facility....I can be trusting with a knife, and the waste generated from this must be huge.
So overall as a hotel to stop at for sightseeing great but don't expect to eat well.....

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank ruthieHerts
Sandeep G, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to put down your feedback and comments on Trip Advisor.

Feedback and comments are the ones we really appreciate as it assist us in improvizing on our service and product time after time as per the moder day travelers requirements and needs.

Thank you for appreciating our hotels staff and room and I have also noted your feedback on the breakfast like the usage of plastic cutlery and paper plates and I will surely see how we can improve on these.

Thank you again for your business and look forward to see you with us again.

Sandeep Ghosh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had an excellent stay from the very comfortable beds to the very friendly staff. Breakfast in the morning was great with many items to choose from and lots of seating. We will be returning again on our next trip to edmonton.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback on Trip Advisior.

It was a pleasure for my team to know that you enjoyes your stay with us and liked the hotel service and product.

I would like to thank you for patronizing our hotel and for your business and I assure you that we will keep on delivering our best always.

I look forward to seeing you with us again.

Palmer, Alaska
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed here the night of the 17th of June. Prior to making the reservation, we explained we were driving a 26' Uhaul pulling a 20' trailer and needed to make sure that they had parking for large vehicles. We were assured that they were. When we got to the hotel, we parked in the back and the lot was almost empty. In the morning the lot was completely full, totally blocking us in. When I asked the manager where all the cars came from, he explained that they allow a neighboring businesses employees to use their lot. So we would be stuck there till 5pm. We were on a trip to Alaska and obviously couldn't wait. I had to take the ramps off my trailer and make a bridge across the parking islands to back the truck and trailer out into traffic while my wife held our 1 month old infant trying to block traffic.

When I checked out, the desk clerk asked how the stay was and I told her what had happened and she said they don't allow people to park there. I said "really? then why did her manager just tell me they did"? Had we not had our ramps, we would have been stuck there all day. If the desk clerk had just told us the truth when we made our reservation, we could have found another hotel and avoided the problem.

Barely an apology was extended, find another place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Hugh L
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to apologize for the whole incident that happened and I can very well understand that it should had been a huge inconvenience to you and your family and also the miscommunication between our own team regarding the next door company using our parking lot.

I thank you for putting your feedback to us and in future I am sure that we will avoid such situations and inform the guest if they have a trailer to park in different spot where it's easier to come out. It was first time for us too with such issue and I am sure that it will assist us in changing our processes internally and avoid such complaints in future.

I again apologize for all the inconvenience and I am sure that if you give us one more chance then you will see the improvement.

Thank you again and look forward to have you with us again.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I rented six rooms for a meeting and a board room. I invited the families and kids of the guys attending to come too and we had a greta time. The kids loves the pool, the rooms are up-to-date and spotless and the staff seemed always willing to go out of their way to help. Located near lots of places to eat and things to do in South Edmonton.

I will be back and next year's meeting location is already a given.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ken D
Sandeep G, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Ken,

Thank you for the time to write your feedback on our hotel and service.

It is indeed a great pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay and also appreciated the meeting space we provided. I assure you that we will keep on giving our best for each and every guest in future too.

We all will look forward to welcome you at our hotel again next year when you will be in town.

Thank you.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Hotel had a good location and was modern and new looking. Room had two queen beds but the duvet covers were all bunched up. There were clumps of feathers throughout it and no feathers In other spots. It was very very noticeable lumpy. I called the front desk to ask for a different duvet for both beds but they said all of them are like that. There was a black curly hair in the shower and a spatter of what appeared to blood on the wall. The breakfast that came with the room was not edible. We ended up walking over to white spot because it was so disgusting. The room also had a stand up shower but no bath tub so I couldn't bath my infant daughter. The staff were very friendly but the room was in one word, gross.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank CalgaryGal87
Sandeep G, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay with us.

I can very well understand where you are coming from and as our brand promise, we were not able to deliver up to your expectations.

I have noted all your feedback on the bed and duvet and bathroom and will take it forward with my team so that in future we can deliver better service to all our guest.

I am also following on enhancing our breakfast buffet so that our guest can have an excellent start of the day.

Thank you for staying with us and appreciating our staff and also given your feedback to ensure that these areas we can improve.

I hope you will stay with us again and I can assure your our best always.

Fort Smith, Northwest Territories, Canada
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was just in for a night's layover this time, but have stayed here several times in the past. The staff are very courteous and check in and check out were fast and efficient. The location is great too!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sandeep G, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor comment and also for patronizing BW Plus South Edmonton as your preferred hotel.

It was a great pleasure for my team to know that you really enjoy your stay with us and we were able to deliver up to your expectations.

I am sure we will keep growing and delivering better service in future too.

Look forward to see you with us again.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded for free to a King jacuzzi suite. The room was very clean, modern and tastefully decorated.
The free breakfast included was excellent
Service couldn't have been better.
We will definitely stay here again..and again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandeep G, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

It's always a great pleasure for all the team at BW Plus South Edmonton to know that we were able to deliver to our guest expectations and our guest enjoyed our service and product.

Thank you so much for the nice comment and I assure you that we will keep on putting our best foot forward always.

We all here look forward to see you with us very soon.