“Vey, very noisy”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Canada
“Vey, very noisy”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The windows and doors are of poor quality. I could hear every car pass by outside and every footstep of every person who walked past the door. Similarly, I felt like a voyeur listening in on e conversation taking place in the room below me.

Room was otherwise clean and large enough with an average quality king sized bed.

A definite pass over for next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank z2000000
Mandy C, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear z2000000

I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. To be honest, we don't usually have issues in the past with guests saying our hotel is noisy, maybe due to other guests or excited children in the halls but in general, even people sleeping on the highway side say it's pretty quiet considering.

It is possible that a window could use some new insulation or something but I am not sure what room you were in or your name. If you could contact me direct I would be happy to look into this matter and see about a solution.

Thank you for your feedback.

Mandy Clutesi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Victoria, BC
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Excellent experience at this hotel during my overnight stay Nov. 2012. First, I was upgraded to a room with a seating area (not sure why, but it was much appreciated after a long day). When I went to sleep that night, I was impressed with the comfortable bed and linens. I've stayed in many hotel rooms and I will claim this one as the BEST bed I've slept in (and that includes comparison with higher-end hotels like The Fairmount). The full breakfast included the next morning was average but convenient and satisfying. I highly recommend this hotel for a good night sleep!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear CathyAron

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and not surprised that you love our beds! I did too, so much so that I bought one myself.

Just a side note, we have a purchase program in place that offers our guests the oppotunity to purchase the same beds and if you are interested in this option please feel free to call me to discuss.

Thanks again for your kind words! Look forward to seeing you again.

Vernon, Canada
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This Best Western provides excellent value for a mid-priced hotel. It is a popular hotel and can get busy at times. They provide a hot buffet breakfast and have a pool, hot-tub, water slide and exercise facilility.
The rooms are of a good size and are well appointed. The facility is maintained to a high standard of repair and cleanliness. The beds are the "pillow-top" type and very comfortable. In the rooms at the west end of the bulding, one does notice some traffic noise from the nearby highway 2 south, but this is not excessive. Heating and A/C in the rooms is provided by an in room units mounted in the exterior wall, but unlike many, these units are very quiet and effective.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Best Western traveler,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear your stay was a good one and that you enjoy our hotel. We are a very busy hotel and we always try our best to maintain our property both with cleanliness and maintenance and I am happy to hear that our travellers notice.

Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I was upgraded to a very large and comfortable room. Very nice with granite countertops throughout. I really like an in-house restaurant as part of the experience though as I'm usually travelling long distances and tired and do not care to go out and find a restaurant once I arrive. The breakfast was included but was really awful and I would never try that again---eggs tasted funny, margarine for the toast, processed, processed, processed foods---rather they should offer nothing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mandy C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Carmen

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and do apologize for not meeting your expectations on breakfast items. We certainly do appreciate your feedback and assure you that this will addressed.
Canada
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We recently spent two nights at the hotel with a team for a tournament in Edmonton. The rooms were a good size and clean. We appreciated that the hotel allowed us to use one of the meeting rooms for meals. We were disappointed that the rooms were located all over the hotel and not together. The gym is small and the pool closes early (10:00). The staff were nice but the manager has some attitude. Try to avoid dealing with her.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mandy C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor! We thank you for your feedback and We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Pool/waterslide and customer service is that it makes it top selection for guest travelling to our city.

We look forward to your next visit to Edmonton and hope you enjoy your stay as much the next time as you did this time.

Saskatoon SK
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights Nov 9-12 2012. The staff were very pleasant. The manager needs to look up customer service in the dictionary!
My complaints were: 2 almost empty rolls of toilet paper in the bathroom on check in. The Kleenex was not refilled second day when was at blue strip. This could have and was overlooked by me, except the Manager has ZERO skills with customer service. Instead of fixing a booking protocol with her staff, she decided to voice her dissatisfaction with me at checkout. Hope opening her mouth over 20$ was worth this review and a very UNHAPPY customer. Nice pool and nice rooms. I have stayed here in the past a few times. Definitely will NOT be returning unless the Manager finds a new job!!! Just look for the blonde crabby woman at the front desk.....Buyer Beware.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Venus1971
Mandy C, Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Venus1971,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I do want to apologize for the issues you encountered and that you feel I wasn't very receptive to your complain. What it comes down to is that I may have asked you a few questions regarding the sitation so that I could figure out where we went wrong and I am sorry if that offended you.

I have been here at the hotel for over a year and proud to say that customer satisfaction is one I truely strive to excel at and my shortcomings in dealing with your situation should not put a mark on the hotel and the excellent staff. I do not think I will be working elsewhere anytime soon and I really wish you would consider giving us another chance in the future.

Thank you for your understanding and if you would like to discuss this further feel free to contact me at the hotel direct.

Thompson
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I initially was going to go to the Sheraton Four Points across the street but the bed bug issue there was intolerable. So I opted for what I thought was a lesser hotel, but it turned out it was a fantastic choice with a great breakfast included in a reasonably priced (utilize CAA membership) hotel.

Room Tip: Overlooked parking lot which was fine as there is not really much of a view in any direction - but l...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Robbie G
Mandy C, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Robbie G,

So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I do want to say that it's unfortunate your stay at other hotels did not go as smoothly and glad we were able to accomodate you.

On a side note, as a hotel general manager I feel for the hotel you left because in all fairness, no hotel starts out with those kinds of issues. Unfortunately travellers bring those issue with them and even though they are a brand spanking new hotel they are just as vulnerable as any one of us in the city. I urge you to be understanding in these types of situation and I assure you that any hotel takes these matters very seriously and I am sure were on top of rectifing the situation if any; immediately.

So, that being said although I am sorry you had to encounter that but greatful that we were given an opportunity to show you that we are a great hotel, great value and have a lot to offer.

Look forward to seeing you soon!