Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites
$153
Union Bank Inn(Edmonton)
$138
1,090 results
All reviewssouth edmontonbreakfast roomclose to the airportanthony hendayeasy accesspool areawhite spothot tubfree breakfasthot breakfastother hotelsa great stayfridge and microwaveparking lotexcellent hotellocation is greatclean rooms
Reviewed September 25, 2012

All the good reviews concerning this hotel are spot on. It was very clean and the decor was beautiful. Our room was large and comfortable. We had an executive king on the corner of the building. The breakfast was a standard hot breakfast. Good but not exceptionable. All the staff were warm and friendly from the front desk to the cleaning crew.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mandy C, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear mdelam,

Thank you! Your review definitely means alot to us and our staff. I can clearly see that you travel often and review a lot of hotels so when you say our hotel is great, offers nice clean rooms, friendly staff etc it truely means that we are doing our job.

I hope to see you again soon,

Safe travels.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Booked this hotel because of the pool, waterslide and free breakfast. My 2 yr old full of energy after a 3 hr car ride ran into the lobby and saw the pool and wanted to get in, the problem was by the time we got all of the luggage into the room the pool would be pretty much closed. The clerk at the desk was super friendly and offered to keep it open for a few minutes after closing so we could enjoy the pool. The staff were excellent and the rooms were very clean. My only complaint / tip would be to not get a room that looks out on to the highway as you can hear the road noise a little. I requested a crib at time of booking and was pleasantly suprised to see it in our room when we opened the door.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the highway.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Codsta,

I am happy to hear that you had such a great experience. My staff all do their best to ensure our guests are taken care of and I am glad they were able to do such a small thing that made your such an impact with you and your stay more enjoyable.

You will be happy to know that we are currently looking at our pool hours and weekend breakfast times to allow guests more time in the mornings to use our facilities before the long treks home and hope it will be in place by the time you come again.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Chose this hotel from the cluster of hotels in the area because I have a membership card with Best Western. Hotel is from the same mould as other new hotel. What made this different was the warmth of the staff. Friendly and helpful. Management has done a good job recruiting in a tough over heated job market.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Mandy C, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Agforguy

Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thought our staff were great. I am not quite sure what to say about the cookie cutter thing as our owners have put a lot of thought and effort into our build. When planning they personally picked the furnishing and decor and considering we are a limited service property we do get a lot of positive feedback in this regards.

New Best Westerns are opening all over the world every month and there are some standards that we have to adhere to. I am sorry that we didn't meet your requirements on this level but I hope that the friendliness of our staff and comfortable beds, free breakfast and many other amenities will convince you to come back to our hotel again.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This was my second time stay here. The location is great and its just a short drive to the outlet stores.

The rooms are modern and clean.

The only downfall is the complimentary breakfast, its not very good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nicoleboisson

Dear nicoleliz,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and love the location. We do get many travellers just for that reason alone. The sound end has a lot to offer our guest and we are happy you continue to choose us.

Just to note, we are currently looking at some more options for breakfast, but do offer many alternatives such as proteins, cereals, eggs, breads, fruits etc which do allow for some choices. We are limited to what we can offer for our "free breakfast" as we do not have full kitchen facilities. We are trying our best to give variety and options to everyone.

Thank you again and see you soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Just an average stay. Mediocre service ...mediocre rooms...and the breakfast was awful. Couldn't sit down. Had to take it to our room b/c the breakfast area was too busy.
The kids would give up the water slide so they could go to a different hotel...even if it didn't have a water slide. So that tells you how 'meh' our stay was.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank luna m
Mandy C, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Luna M.

Thank you for your recent review. I just want to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay and did want to say that this is not the norm here at our hotel.

I do want to mention about the breakfast that we have hours that run from 6:00 a.m to 9:30 am every day and unfortunately when everyone comes at once at the end it makes for a crowded room. We do offer trays for guests if there is a crowding issue so that they can enjoy breakfast in their rooms but being busy is not something within our control. We do hope that guests stagger their eating times and we do have quite a large breakfast room as compared to other hotels but we just can't always accomodate everyone at once.

As for the rest of your stay, again I want to apologize as our agents try their best to provide you with a memorable stay and I will discuss the importance of this with them again to ensure future travellers get a different experience.

Please let me know when you are coming again and I will try my best to ensure your stay is a much better one.