“Spotless and Friendly”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Innisfail, Canada
“Spotless and Friendly”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed all one Edmonton on business and pleasure and feel very fortunate to have finally found this hotel. Great staff, Great rooms, very accomadating and if you are looking for pristine clean then you have found it..I have stayed here quite a few times and never disappointed. so close to everything.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mandy C, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Jeff K...

I am happy to hear that you are noticing the extra efforts we have put in to ensure our hotel is clean and spotless. We have just been certified as one of Best Westerns ULTRA CLEAN hotels and very proud to say we have passed their strict inspection with flying colours.. Rest assured our housekeeping staff try their very best to make sure the rooms are up to our standards.

Happy to have you stay with us and look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Mandy Clutesi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Melville, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Less than a 10 minute drive from the W.E. Mall.

Clean, quiet and comfortable. You get good quality for the price your pay.

Jacuzzi tub was a bonus. Pool was small with no hot tub but still decent for younger kids.

Fairly easy to find with a # of restaurants nearby.

Next time we go to Edmonton I will definitely keep this place in mind

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Fred F
Dear Fred C.

So happy to hear that we will be your hotel of choice next time you are in Edmonton. We appreciate each and every guest that stays with us and we hope to see you soon.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Came for a wedding. Three of our families stayed here and won't do it again. Upon arrival, there was only one bath towel in bathroom. There were no additional blankets in the room despite having only one bed and a hide-a-bed with 4 occupants. Housecleaning wasn't completed until supper time.
The pool had green mold under poolside table indicated a severe lack of cleaning.
Very understaffed.
A car apparently was stolen during the day while a guest was returning to his room after checking out to retrieve more bags to carry out of room. No security visible in parking lot.
One of our families car door was scraped and damaged due to a small parking lot and ignorant parkers.

Room Tip: Pass this hotel by.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LisaBella77
Mandy C, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear LisaBella77

I am sorry that your recent stay wasn't an enjoyable one. I do not want to make excuses however after some digging we found that we actually checked your room in early and we did make you aware that the room was ready except for the towels as our laundry person was still getting the rest of them ready. I believe I actually spoke to you later and had some brought up to you at 4 pm which is our guaranteed check in time. We always try to accomodate early check ins but things like towels might not be ready right away. Guests are usually happy with that they can get in early regardless of this fact.

When a guest is a stay in our hotel, housekeeping has a cutoff of 6 pm for cleaning in order to allow them time to get the 4pm guaranteed check ins done, this sometimes means stays are cleaned later in the day. We do have a new program that allows you to customize your needs and if earlier clean is needed by all means let us know in the future and we will accomodate. This new program also gives the guest the opportunity to ask for any special items they may require or extra items they may want.

I would also like to explain the vehicle theft that happened here in our parking lot and dents and dings on your car. We are not responsible for valuables or vehicles in our lot. Any good theif can break into a vehicle and unfortunately when a guest leaves a car door unlocked and unattended it is not our hotels fault that this happened. I do want to point out that although we do not have 24 hour staff on hand walking around our hotel, we do have video survelance and I have done everything in my power to help this guest get the information they need to the local police. I have handed over video of the act, etc and I am sure that in the future this guest will be extra vigilant when leaving his vehicle in any parking lot, not just ours. We have a huge lot that accomodates over 180 vehicles and unfortunately people aren't mindful when opening doors etc which may have caused you some dings. This happens every day, in parking lots across the world. I do apologize on their behalf as I know what it is like to have my car dinged. I just don't think it is fair that we are at fault for this.

Every day we try our best to ensure our guests satisfaction, safety, security and there are just some things out of our control. We do not publish that we have security on site, and I do believe that probably 100% of hotels in Edmonton do not take responsibility for lost or stolen or damaged items in your cars or your rooms. It is always recommended to take care when travelling to ensure anything of value is not visible to potential thieves.

I am sorry that you had this bad experience and hopefully have better ones in the future.

Calgary,Alberta
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Very clean, staff are extremely friendly, continental breakfast was awesome! Highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again! Very close to lots of shopping and restaurants and close to Calgary trail

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank dutchie95
Dear dutchie95

Thank you so much for your recent review! So glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have been staying at this Hotel for the past 6 months due to work and moving to Edmonton. I must say that Mandy and her staff have treated me like royalty. I have never been let down with rooms, parking, breakfast, pool area, exercise room, laundry, computer room or housekeeping. Trust me as I have have used all of these amenties. I have been upgraded almost everytime and will tell everybody of my experience. The Hotel is in a great location and is close to everything I do in the area.

Room Tip: rooms are more quiet on the south side.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bruce M
Mandy C, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Bruce M.

Every day at out hotel we have more and more travellers like you who are like part of the family. Seems to me that means we are doing something right! I am glad that your expectations are met every stay and that we always try to take care of you even last minute.

See you next week I am sure and safe travels.

The Nutmeg State
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I wrote a review las October 2011 about this hotel and it was truly an excellent choice at that time and mentioned that I would stay again when visiting Edomonton. I did last week July 24 - 28, and was not disappointed. The hotel over all is clean, breakfast area staff very attentive, front desk very helpful, and more importantly spacious, clean rooms with all what you need. Location is fine if you don't have business downtown Edmonton. Lots of shopping and restaurants around. The parking lot is always full and could be challenging sometimes to park between 2 cars. Albertans love their trucks.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet corner of the hotel if you don't have to wake up early. It seemed to me that this...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sindbad2007
Dear Sinbad2007.

Thank you for your recent review. The fact that you were here 6 months ago, and things are still on the up is a good sign that we are doing our job here at the hotel.

Keeping on top of training, Housekeeping, maintenance etc is something we strive to perfect. We have recently been honoured by being selected as one Best Western's Ultra Clean Hotels and our staff have had the most up to date clean training there is to offer. I am very happy that our efforts show and hope you continue to use us in the future.

Salt Lake City
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed here one night on a recent trip in Alberta and I wish every night on our trip could have been in a place this nice. This hotel is beautiful. Our room was wonderful. It was spacious and clean. I loved the granite counter tops in the bathroom and in the room. The bathroom was very nice with a wonderf ulshower. The king-size bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was so much better than other hotels. We loved the automatic pancake maker! Everyone was very nice and friendly. I don't know if I will ever make it up to Edmonton again, but I would stay here again if given the chance. We loved this hotel. Stay here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank neh11
Mandy C, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear neh11,

From looking at your profile, it's very clear to me that you are a world traveller and your opinion of our hotel really means a lot to all of us here at the Best Western Plus South Edmonton.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Each and every one of our reviews is shared with our staff and comments like yours really help to motivate us all!

Again, we thank you for your time and hope to see you again one day.

Safe travel,