“Great Service!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lloydminster, Canada
“Great Service!”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We recently stayed at the hotel when friends of our family had a block of rooms booked for their wedding. We have 2 small children and the rooms were great for a family because of the microwave and fridge in each room. I found the rooms to be quite clean and spacious which is very important when travelling with kids. However, beyond the condition of the rooms, we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, especially the daytime staff at the front desk. They made the experience feel more personal, and were willing to help out with whatever was needed during our stay. Upon check out we had accidentally left something behind in our room, and although there was some confusion trying to track it down after we had left, they were very willing to resolve the situation to our satisfaction, which was greatly appreciated. We would definitely make a point of staying there again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Guest2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Reviewed January 24, 2012

This hotel seriously lacks in customer service and the details. I have been traveling and staying with Best Western for more then five years and I have never come Accross a hotel that lacks as much details as this one. I was extremely pleased when Best Western released the new discrptor program to help differentiate the quality of the Best Western branded hotel you were staying at but this hotel is embarrassing to this new program. It's obvious why the hotel it self received the Plus discrptor -triple sheeting, higher end room products, etc but you ask an employee of this hotel - what or why the hotel is a Best Western Plus they either don't know or give a wrong answer. When I called to make a reservation they answered the phone "Best Western Inn & Suites". It left me confused. They didn't bother to properly introduce their discrptor or where the hotel was. I had to ask if I called the right hotel. I am also aware the property recently changed general managers since my last stay, which in all honesty was a great move in my opinion. I didn't get to speak or meet the new GM but her one sentence thank you for your reviews here on Trip Advisor doesn't seem promising. Housekeeping of this hotel was fine but when I stayed the sheets on my clean bed were wrinkle filled and were not nicely pressed like any other hotel Ive been to. It's interesting to me the reviews this hotel gets considering my stay a few months ago so I chose to voice my opinion. Something doesn't seem right. The location and decor of the hotel are great but that's not all that makes a hotel a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2012
5 Thank iLoveBW1
Mandy S, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Dear Mr Ilovebw1.

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor.. I genuinely mean that when I say it, as all feedback whether negative or positive helps us to ensure the best possible service for our travellers.

From what I understand it has been a few months since you have been here and I have taken over the hotel probably shortly after your stay. I just want to point out that my number 1 priority is CUSTOMER SERVICE. I know what it is like to check into a hotel and not be made to feel welcome. We have had all new staff at the front desk and they are constantly learning and improving and I feel strong in the fact that if you were to give us another chance you will see why so many others feel we are top of the list while visiting Edmonton.

If you would care to discuss this further please feel free to call me direct at the hotel!

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I have been traveling a lot for 3 years all over Western Canada on business. I stay in hotels about 3/4 of the nights of each year. I have stayed in every hotel in all cities of Edmonton, Calgary, Regina etc. I have to say that the Best Western South Edmonton Inn & Suites is absolutely the best one I have stayed at. So much so, that normally I just book where ever the deals are and get what I get, but since finding this gem about 3 months ago I only stay here now in while in Edmonton. The hotel is new so as expected the rooms are very fresh and clean. They keep it that way consistently though. I keep my do not disturb sign up a lot as I work late and don't get to sleep until early the next day. Not once have I heard the "housekeeping" bangs on my door!! That is a treat. I have not tried the pool or exercise room but have poked my nose in from time to time and its always clean!! And last but not least the staff are all great. Everyone smiles and are wiling to help me out. Even when I need a spoon at midnight they figure it out! The manager, Mandy, has been especially fantastic. Always coming out to greet me when she knows I am here and has had my back on more than one occasion with credit card issues and parking problems. Will not stay any where else in Edmonton. I even have some freebie nights at other hotels available but will not use them!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Charles G
Mandy S, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Thank you very much for your review!

I know that you have many options while travelling and the fact that you choose and continue to use us is greatly appreciated. Every day we try harder to ensure the best customer service and feedback like this will surely inspire and motivate all our staff.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed January 16, 2012

This has been the second time my wife and I stayed at this hotel. It's a great hotel for a night out, or for an extended stay. The rooms are very clean, they are modern, new, and spacious. The breakfast is okay, nothing special but better than many other hotels. We had the room with the two seater tub (whirpool tub) and it was clean.
The people at the check-in counter are not as friendly as in other hotels. They seem to not care about your well being. HOwever, I rather have that, then hotels where the staff is overly friendly but the hotel sucks. Also, if you have problems sleeping with road noise, this hotel might not be the best for you - or else take earplugs along.

Room Tip: ask for rooms not facing the highway
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor. We appreciate the feedback I am happy that your enjoy your visits. I do want to apologize for the unfriendly service you received and be assured we are in the process of training a couple new staff and guest service is number 1 on our list of MUST do's.

I am confident that next time you are back our staff will be everything you expect them to be, on top of great clean rooms and your complimentary hot breakfast.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Crossfield, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I Stayed here with my wife and son on New Years Eve 2011. The room was extremely clean & modern , beds comfortable. Hotel was fairly quiet. Staff was very nice. Its close to South Edmonton shopping which is a plus. Easy to get to off Gateway Blvd( Major Road coming in to Edmonton) with close access to Anthony Henday Drive ( Major Ring Road in Edmonton). Its far away from West Edmonton Mall if thats where your going but with easy access to Anthony Henday Drive you can still get there in 15 mins or so depending on traffic. I would definately stay there again. I didnt check out the free breakfast or waterslide so I cant comment on that .

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Shane M
Mandy S, General Manager at Best Western Plus South Edmonton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 15, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor. We really appreciate you taking the time to comment on your experience and it's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We loo forward to seeing you again soon!

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We stayed at this hotel to do some late night Christmas shopping in Edmonton.

We had a business plus room with two queen beds and sofa bed. The room was huge!! There was definitely tons of space. The room was very clean and comfortable

The hotel itself was also quite clean and comfy. The front desk staff were very polite and helpful. We had requested a room on the topmfloor and we were accommodated which was greatly appreciated.

The breakfast was good, they should consider more fruit options and some toppings for the waffles but it was satisfying and we all left with happy bellies. Lol.

The location was easy to get to and pretty convenient for shopping at South Edmonton Common. It would be a great place to stay if going to the airport as well

We didn't use the gym or pool as we were only there one night but we will definitely return and use more facilities. I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Noofie16
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at (780) 801 - 3580.

BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites
Sandbach, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Overall the stay was very pleasant, I booked a couple of rooms for myself, partner and friends for a couple of nights so we could visit the West Edmonton Mall (just a short drive away).
The check - in was quick and easy, and at the time of booking I made a request for a crib to be made available in one of the rooms, which was ready and waiting for us when we arrived. The rooms were very clean, roomy and comfortable (as I would expect from a Best Western) and also the pool area was very nice and great for the kids to splash around in (the hot - tub was great too).
The only complaints I had were that there were no safes in the room (this was the first Best Western I have stayed in which did not have one) and whilst many people may not deem this to be essential, for those who have travelled from overseas (like myself) who wanted to keep travel documents etc safe, it would have been a great bonus. In addition, the breakfast room was very small, and got so busy the staff (who were very efficient at all times) had to open up a conference room next door to be used as an overspill. However the breakfast selection (continental) was very good and tasty.
I will definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. We will definitely take your comments into consideration and possibly implement them in the future. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

BEST WESTERN PLUS South Edmonton Inn & Suites