“THE HAUNTED HOUSE IS WAYYYYY TOO SCARY”
Review of Galaxyland

Galaxyland
Ranked #13 of 185 things to do in Edmonton
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest indoor amusement park in the world, part of the huge West Edmonton Mall.
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Be warned, they tell you that for the haunted house (as opposed to fun house) side of the ride, anyone aged under 16 has to have a parent or be in a group. HOWEVER. It's honestly very very gruesome and there should probably be more stringent warnings (especially for people with heart conditions). There are horrific scenes of brutality (spoiler alert: a dead nurse, a dismembered body in a shower/bath of what looks like an asylum, some guy being electrocuted) and various scary dead things covered with blood flying at your face. In addition, there are great number of rooms that don't have a discernible exit which may add to the realism but seems unnecessarily unsafe. The actually ride is nothiiiiing what you'd expect from the blase description of the ride attendant. I went with a friend, and half way through she was consumed by terror that she was rooted to the spot. We literally collapsed to the floor at one point. IT WAS WAY TOO SCARY.

11  Thank oodlesonoodles1234
There are newer reviews for Galaxyland

Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

We try to go on a weekday when it's less costly. It's not the worst place you can visit but it cost a lot of money for what they offer. Rides are decent I suppose but if it's a quiet day there isn't always someone operating each ride. Rather, there is one person who jumps from one ride to another so sometimes you have to wait for them to finish with one ride before they come to your ride.

The park isn't that bad. Sure, there are better parks but for an inside park it is fairly decent. If the ticket price was a little less then I would say this is worthwhile. There is a huge jungle gym that the kids love. They can spend hours in it and it's a perfect time for the grownups to unwind while the kids run and play.

2  Thank CJDFNS
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

We live in Edmonton and spent most of the day at galaxyland. Overall the rides were good. However, I took my son 10 years and his friend into the haunted house. It should be rated R and no one should go into it under 18. Not only was it very scarey, but there was scenes of extreme gore and fake blood everywhere. There are no exits and both boys were buried in my back because they were so scared. I'm in my 40's and it's the scariest haunted house I've ever been in. If you're looking to be frightened, it's a good one to see, but I wish there was better warning. I would not have taken them in. Perhaps there was a sign but we didn't see it and the attendent made no mention. On line I noticed it said 12 years minimum, but I think even that is too young.

6  Thank travel-amt
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

There is something for everyone here. The kids and I enjoyed the Haunted House the most! It was a good scare. Things can be pricey, but what amusement park does not have that issue ;)

2  Thank savesomeoneelse
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I loved it! I went with my 7 y.o. daughter so i didnt do much rides but i've seen a lot of them and they look amazing. We went in the kids playpark witch is full of tubes and slides and climbing walls and such. She loved it! The prices for rides access are pretty expensive but since its once in a lifetime its worth it. Prices just to access the kids playpark are not expensive at all. They have an arcade zone but half the machines dont work. I've been disapointed about it.

2  Thank Etienne L