“Family of 4 - we had fun for a few hours!”
Review of Galaxyland

Galaxyland
Ranked #13 of 183 things to do in Edmonton
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest indoor amusement park in the world, part of the huge West Edmonton Mall.
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Family of 4 - we had fun for a few hours!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Ok - it's not Disney, but its not a carnival either. I wasn't expecting much and was looking for reasons not to stay, but frankly its not that bad and our daughters 10 and 12 had fun. We stayed for about three hours and had some simple family fun and a good deal of laughing as we rode the attractions including the train which is geared towards toddlers, but still fun. If your at the mall and looking for a few hours of fun, it'd worth the money. They do have some pretty amazing rides and I'm still amazed at how they managed to get so much into a small space. If you're looking for a Disney experience, you'll be disappointed. We found it to be clean and staff friendly, cheesy - OK but still fun and worth a visit.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Joe C

• Korean first
Peace River, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Filthy and disgusting”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

The rides were good but it is so dirty and unsanitary everywhere. I took my daughter to the playland and the rude guy made us take our shoes off and my daughter literally stepped in feces on the top area of the slides. Galaxyland should be shutdown and cleaned!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank starrry574
Calgary, Canada
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Good, but needs a facelift”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We didn't have a huge amount of time, so focussed on rides that were different than our nearby park (Calaway, near Calgary). Very pleasant service at ticket purchase, but came across some indifferent operators at the rides. Is it so hard acknowledge someone's presence, even if you are crabby? Enjoyed the new 7D ride.

I know redecorating is a major expense, but I think it's time. Will plan on spending more time next visit.

Visited July 2013
Nanaimo, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great fun”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

There adults and four kids ages 4-7. Cost about 180$ which I thought was a bit steep at first. After six hours of fun I figure it cost about 1$ per ride. Pretty good value in my books. Don't buy a pass if you are only prepared to spend an hour or two but if it a day event you won't be sorry. Many intermediate rides allow smaller children if they are accompanied by an adult.

Highlights...space shot - takes you up 100 feet in about one terrifying second. The Mind Bender roller coaster is awesome if you like high speed terror. My wife almost cried but was ok and laughed by the end. There are two other roller coasters appealing to the beginner and intermediate rider. My five year old son thought the second biggest coaster a little freaky but my four year old nephew (just tall enough) loved it. My son loved the Viking ship the best.

Went on a weekday and the longest wait we had was ten minutes but most rides we basically walked right on.

A super fun family day.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Foodlover863
British Columbia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great day, Awsome!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Just came back to bc from spending two wonderful days at WEM! Galaxyland was a super hit with myself and 6 year old daughter. Plenty of rides that she could go on, It was a awsome time and the staff are so friendly and helpful, little pricey but look for deals online! Will recommend to everyone.

Visited July 2013