My family and I stayed in the luxury igloo themed suite room #502 for my daughters birthday. Our initial impression of the hotel was great. The check in was very fast and the front desk attendant was very friendly. There are four elevators, however they are the slowest elevators I have ever experienced. I timed 8 minutes for an elevator to arrive that was empty enough for the three of us to enter. Walking the hallway to our room, the hallway carpet was very stained and dirty, not what I would expect from a hotel of that caliber. We were happy with the room initially. My daughter was thrilled with it. It was very well done and you felt like you were in the north. This all changed at night when I closed my eyes and I went from an igloo theme to sleeping above a nightclub theme. There appeared to be a wedding reception several floors down that had a large terrace full of yelling and screaming drunks. The music was so loud you could hear the booming base from the music. I called the front desk to a clueless staff member who supposedly did not know how long the party was booked for. I told her if this continued we would need to switch rooms, which she replied ok let me know. Never once offered an apology. I debated switching, but after my daughter some how managed to fall asleep with all the noise, it was not worth the hassle of waking her up and moving everything. Out of pure exhaustion my wife and I finally managed to fall asleep only to be jolted awake at 2:45 am by a group of men yelling and hollering again. I should also mention that the party was so loud that even ear plugs could not block the sound and only enhanced the deep base from the music. I can live with doors closing or people returning to their rooms, but the level of noise we had to experience was beyond what is reasonable. After an exhausting night of little sleep we stood with luggage and birthday presents in the elevator bank of the 5th floor with a growing number of other guests. When an elevator did happen to stop, it was too full and had to continue on. After 14 minutes of waiting we and several other disgruntled families decided the stairs were a faster alternative. Check out was fast as I only had to hand them a signed slip. By this point I was to exhausted and still had a long drive ahead of me to argue for a refund. $400.00 for this room was certainly not worth a single cent for the lack of sleep and frustration I had to experience with this hotel. I have stayed in many hotels big and small, from 1 star to 5 stars and have never experienced elevators that slow and a room that noisy. Nor have I had such a terrible sleep in a hotel. The time you save by being so close to the mall is erased by the wait for the elevators. I would highly recommend driving several minutes to another hotel and have a great night sleep for a lot less money and frustration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Fantasyland Hotel. We're located in the heart of North America's largest shopping and entertainment complex, West Edmonton Mall. The hotel features classically decorated rooms with TV, complimentary Wi-Fi, hairdryer, voice mail, clock radio and air conditioning. Choice abounds when it comes to dining with L2 Grill providing culinary creations that feature the freshest ingredients found between the East and West Coasts of Canada. If it is just a drink you are after, the L1 Lounge provides a relaxing environment to sit back and enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fantasyland Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fantasyland Hotel And Resort
- Fantasyland Hotel Edmonton
- Fantasyland Hotel & Resort Edmonton, Alberta