Fantasyland Hotel & Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,684 results
All reviewsroman roompolynesian roombunk bedsigloo roomround bedwest edmonton mallthemed roomsamusement parksuperior roomwaterpark passesjacuzzi tubgalaxy landbourbon streetthe room was niceconveniencepromotionvalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We've stayed 3 or 4 times in the last 3 or so years & I always leave disappointed. The last few times I've stayed have been because I've received gift certificates for Christmas. I take myself & my two daughters for a girls shopping trip. We live about 20 min away & usually try to do this sort of thing once a year usually in the new year sometime to redeem the coupon. The rooms are always dirty , dusty & grimy. Hairs on the bathroom floors & in the corners. Dusty headboards , window sills etc. The rugs are always grimy looking with crumbs & hairs & such along the edges of bed & in corners. The hot tub has hairs in it. The mirrors by the hot tub have been full of water & soap scum/splashes. No free WIFI or Internet. The food is mediocre & overpriced. Staff has been rude & uncaring. Everytime upon checking in there is always an issue with my credit card they have on file ( when there should be none , I have good upstanding credit on these cards) which ultimately leads to an argument & an unpleasant experience checking in. The elevators are always busy to the point of usually waiting around 20 min for one. Last time we were there we waited so long for an elevator when we were leaving to check out that I finally had to take the cement stairwell from almost the top floor with two children & numerous suitcases & shopping bags. Another gentleman taking the stairs graciously offered to help as their was no way I could have carried it all myself. By the time we had reached the bottom one daughter was crying from falling on the stairs & then we ended up outside & had to walk back into the hotel. During one stay the bellboy pulled me aside & tried to sell me galaxy land & Waterpark passes from the hotel that he had obviously stolen from behind the front desk. He harassed me for $20 dollars in exchange for the tickets. The decor is seriously outdated & in need of renovation. I still have a gift certificate for the hotel i received for christmas a few years ago that i havent used as there were numerous reports at that time by customers of bedbugs in their rooms. I doubt I will ever use it now. The list just goes on & on. Not to mention the ridiculous prices they charge for a room. There are so many nicer & better quality/value hotels in the Edmonton area. PLEASE do yourself a favour & stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank LAURA1M
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This hotel was great, we had an ordinary room, but the beds, oh my they were to die for. I don't think I have ever slept in a more comfortable bed. The hotel didn't serve breakfast but we went to breakfast at a very close establishment nearby, within the Mall. What a smorgasboard of food, a great way to start off the day.

Room Tip: We were in the middle, I think and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed two nights . Rooms are looking old , lots of marks on the wall. Be careful when turning the TV on it is set to the pay movie channel - ordered a movie $ 16 after just pressing two buttons trying to get out! There is no exit , once you say yes,you pay. Good location if you want to shop. Extremely noisy people next room, phoned front desk and operator but no one ever answered. This was a concern. Would not recommend this hotel and I have stayed all over the world.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband got a last-minute deal on two nights mid-week and we went with our 2 1/2 and 5-year olds. We got to check in early, which was fabulous. The location speaks for itself, as we just went down to the lobby, and the mall was right there. From the Waterpark it was just a walk back up to our room. We really didn't need anything as our kids are finally at an age where we all slept in the two beds! The TV was huge (as was the bathtub) and the fridge was handy. We didn't get a theme room, but we enjoyed the small seating area and the high ceilings made the whole space less cramped!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 23, 2013

No help bringing our bags in from the taxi. The room was run down and freezing cold. The coffee maker was broken. Several lights were burned out. No free WiFi or other internet service.This was a theme room priced at CA$428!
After several attempts to raise the temperature we called maintenance who declared there was nothing further they could do. The assistant manager offered to send up a electric heater. After 1 1/2 hour had gone by we called down and they then said they didn't have one. At 4:30 in the morning the fire alarm went off, false alarm. Apparently this happens frequently. To their credit they gave us a 40% discount but only after haggling.
We moved from a great room at the Matrix hotel in downtown Edmonton just to please our children.
What a disappointment.

Room Tip: don't go there
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family