On Oct 20, 2012 we had made reservation for an executive suite for my mother's birthday (Oct 20th was her actual bday!!!) After a great day of celebrating we were going to suprise her with a room at fantasyland hotel. My father had even drove in from out of town, over an hour away to join her. When we checked in at 8pm the EXECUTIVE ROOM we had reserved was not available. The front desk staff had offered us an "upgrade" which in our opinion was a complete joke (the sports room...not a very romantic room for my parents, or a woman's birthday...looked more like a "kids" room) or the polynisian room which had two queen beds (we reserved a king room so not at all what we wanted) Plus my sister had stayed in a polynisian room before and said they were less than desirable rooms..dirty and dated.
We declined these rooms as they were not what we had booked or wanted (the king bed, jacuzzi upgraded suite is what we wanted), and were very disappointed that our birthdy surprise was ruined by the hotel. We asked for the manager but apparently she is not in on weekend??? We cancelled our reservation which was free of charge as this was the only "consolation for the inconvenience" the staff could give us...no fee for cancelling a room that wasn't even availabe that we didn't book, come on, really???
If there is an issue with a room that you had booked, would it not dawn upon the staff to contact their customers to let them know of the situation...not everyone likes "sports room" upgrades, so it's not very wise for them to just assume someone would be OK with this room dump.
The front desk staff was less than helpful, she didn't seem like she was able to help resolve the issue, or understand our disappointment and was actually very rude to us. Instead she gave us the room managers business card to contact on Monday. My sister had tried to contact Marilyn on Monday and I have tried the past 3 days to contact the hotel with no response, only a voicemail. We have both left messages...this is really poor customer service. Not to mention I have left emails as well....no response.
We feel that fantasyland hotel should rectify this situation for the HUGE inconvenience. Not only did my father drive in from out of town, but that my mothers Birthday Celebration Surprise was ruined by this poor customer service and room issue.
The lack of response from management is upsetting. Most reputible business would make an effort to contact a customer with concerns. Not Fantasyland hotel. Both my parents and my sister's family have stayed here before at least once/year and doubt they will refer any of their friends now because of our experience, or even stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Fantasyland Hotel. We're located in the heart of North America's largest shopping and entertainment complex, West Edmonton Mall. The hotel features classically decorated rooms with TV, complimentary Wi-Fi, hairdryer, voice mail, clock radio and air conditioning. Choice abounds when it comes to dining with L2 Grill providing culinary creations that feature the freshest ingredients found between the East and West Coasts of Canada. If it is just a drink you are after, the L1 Lounge provides a relaxing environment to sit back and enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fantasyland Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fantasyland Hotel And Resort
- Fantasyland Hotel Edmonton
- Fantasyland Hotel & Resort Edmonton, Alberta