“Bonus for the Waterpark passes”

Fantasyland Hotel & Resort
Ranked #28 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed September 30, 2012

If you're coming to vacation at the mall...waterpark, Galaxyland etc...great location. The rooms are dated. We stayed in the railroad room that had a bunk bed as well as a king, and a HUGE jacuzzi tub in the middle of the room. Great novelty for sure and the kids loved it. Didn't like that internet was extra to the room, so we never used it (that's always a bummer). Elevator wait times were slow - particularly in the AM when we were trying to leave, but that could be accredited to volume. I found it very Vegas-style with their full-service amenity (gratuities extra) approach. Unless you made a point of hauling all the stuff up yourself the bell hop was coming for his tip. Most of the staff we dealt with was friendly.

Room Tip: Stay on a walk up available floor if there's a conference while you're there.
1  Thank DiBelleT
Write a ReviewReviews (1,465)

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Comfortable beds, spacious rooms, decent LCD with good channel options. I had to use all my strength to use TV controller since the buttons we're not very responsive. Lobby area is dated much like the mall I guess. In summary, if need to spend some serious time at the mall, good option. Otherwise, consider looking for other location closer to the city.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Barney A
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We have stayed in the hotel several times over the years and have always found it to be a great experience.
We recently stayed in a regular twin bedded upgraded ( renovated room) and found it to be excellent. The room was larger than the average hotel room and very clean and modern.
These rooms are an excellent value, being only slightly more than the surrounding hotels and way more convient.
The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom large and clean and modern. the room had a new large flat screen tv and fridge.
I would recommend this hotel .
It looks like the lower floors have been renovated and the floor seemed like a brand new hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Fantasyland H, General Manager at Fantasyland Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for being one of our loyal guest and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad you and your family enjoyed the amenities in your Superior Room - comfortable beds, large bathroom, flat screen tv, fridge and being located right inside the mall is certainly a plus. I would like to inform you of our Christmas Theme Room Gift Certificate promotion available now starting at $169.00 plus taxes. Purchase them for your friends and family or keep one for your next family trip to Edmonton. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed on september 21 and 22 2012. On the last night when we packed up to leave we found a huge bed bug on the kids shoe. We checked the bug with the internet to confirm the bug. We took the bug to the front desk and complained. We packed our cloths and suitcases in garbage bags , twice. We had to get new cloths and shower in a diferent room to be sure not to take these home with us. When we confronted the hotel they were only going to credit us for one nite stay . No refund for all the cloths to buy and they would get inspectors in to check over the room to see if there were any more.. Was expecting a bit more of a refund and maby a bit more concern from the staff but i think this happens more than they lead up to. VERRY DISAPOINTED!!!

8  Thank Conrad1978
Fantasyland H, General Manager at Fantasyland Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Fantasyland Hotel during your recent visit to Edmonton. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and the delay while we wait for Ecolab's report; the pest control company that we contacted to inspect our hotel in a situation like this, as I mentioned on the email I sent you directly. I took the liberty of sending you a copy of the report from Ecolab showing "no infestation" found in the room you and your family were in; I hope this help put you and your wife's mind at ease. We take the safety of our guest as well as our staff seriously so we take every precaution to ensure bedbugs infestation is not present in our hotel as Fantasyland Hotel is also our 'home away from home'. If I could be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact directly.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

My wife and I booked a room to stay there via Hotels.com a few hours prior to checked in.
When we checked in, we were told that Hotels.com had booked two rooms for us. The hotel can not cancel the other room because it was booked via Hotels.com; an agent. My point is, I did not select Hotels.com as our agent. Fantasyland hotel approved them as their agent. The hotel staff gave us one room not two. They told Hotels.com that they have given us only one room, but, they can't cancel the other room. We ended up getting charged for two room ($200 /room). For $400, I'd stayed at a Five starred and not at Fantasyland.
Again, my disappointment is, they are not helping to rescue the situation even when the facts was presented in front of them. They approved Hotels.com as their agent (not me). They get paid and they don't give a damn that their client get shafted with a double room charges.

Room Tip: You won't get any help from the staff even when you are evidently shafted by their appointed age...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Robin S
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Overall I am disgusted with the service. My family and I stayed two nights in this hotel and stayed in the theme rooms. Spent over $700 dollars just in two rooms. One room
Per night. After the first night we had to move rooms and they said to just leave our bags in the room and they will have bell service move our bags from room to room. During that move articals of clothing masteriously went missing (stollen) and after talking to security and hotel managers and staff nothing was found and nothing was done about it. Overall I left here pissed off. Nothing was done... Had to talk to hotel manager many times over 24 hours and hotel security. They kept sending me back and fourth. Pretty much I guess it was my fault for expecting hospitality at a supposedly great hotel. My loss to bad I guess. Just a waste of money. I will never be back to this hotel. Also the room could use a
Good cleaning and some
CLR to remove a lot of the water and stain marks. Disgusting. And... One more thing, I know it sounds like I'm ranting but I'm thoroughly upset with this establishment, when we were in the water park and had lunch in the water park I noticed the staff were eating French fries and other stuff right out of the fryer using their hands and then they would serv the customers. When I noticed this I said something to the teen that was
Doing this and he just glared at me and grabbed more. Useless staff and completely pissed off about my overall stay. Not once did they try to make it better or do anything about it. Not only that but both of my kids left here sick and could not eat anything else for another day and a half

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank Traveller6686
Fantasyland H, General Manager at Fantasyland Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

It was a pleasure to speak with you. We are glad we were able to arrange to have the clothing returned to you promptly. I am very excited that you agreed to give us an opportunity to provide you with the excellent customer service you deserve. I am looking forward to making the arrangement for your next visit to the Fantasyland Hotel.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed in an executive room with a 4 person spa tub and the room itself was in decent shape. The tub was great for the toddler as he loves the water. The bed was comfy, water pressure was adequate, mini fridge was a good size however the temp adjustment knob was broken off. The noise from the hall and from the streets were easily heard in our 12 floor room. Internet is 9 bucks a day just, so carefully consider bringing your laptop. The room service is okay but could be a lot better with the food quality. Also, make sure you utilize the ama, caa discount as it warrants a 10% discount on the room. Be sure to get your attraction passes at the front desk too as they are much cheaper than buying at the attractions. Overall, we would likely stay again if we were going to spend the day at the mall at the waterpark or galaxyland.

2  Thank garlicspamsam