“Not bad, but a little pricey....”

Fantasyland Hotel & Resort
Ranked #25 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed January 12, 2008

My husband and I stayed for four nights with our two children in September. We stayed in the igloo room because of the cool bunk beds for the kids. The room was crowded, and in hindsight, we should have stayed in one of the "sunnier" theme rooms. It was very handy to be attached to the West Edmonton Mall, as we could go back and forth often throughout the day. The kids enjoyed the water park and roller coasters in the mall. I enjoyed the casino and shopping. I did find there were limited good places to eat, but overall we had a good time.
We enjoyed Tony Roma's Ribs, as we do not have one in our city. The hotel was pricey for what you got. We probably wouldn't stay there again, but will look back fondly on the fun time we had.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank fullermel
Write a ReviewReviews (1,359)

Reviewed January 12, 2008

For what you pay you do not get any extras. We had a standard room with 2 beds. Small room and bathroom. Asked for a cot and all we got was a futon mattress to throw on the floor with no sheet to cover it with. It was disgustingly dirty. No continental breakfast, microwave. Beds were very comfortable, but thats about all. We went for a convention at the convention centre at the mall. The food there was terrible. The most tasteless chinese food I've ever tasted. Not good. For what you pay, you can get 2 nights at other hotels that are close in the same vacinity with better services.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2007

When this hotel first opened it was really quite a unique experience, and alot of fun, however the hotel is really showing it's age. No add-on comforts like a fridge, bed was saggy. kinda smelled like smoke even though we were in a non smoking room. Drab.
Positives: close to shopping (of course), superior room was big. staff were cheerful and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank northwright
Reviewed December 22, 2007

I booked the first night with Agoda and was given a lovely newly renovated room on the 6th floor. We just booked what is called a Superior Room. The 2nd night on our return from Saskatchewan I booked directly with the hotel. The rates were almost identical except that the hotel gave us a complimentary breakfast at one of the small cafes in the mall. This time we were given a room on the 9th floor which had not been renovated. It was fine but not quite as nice as the newly renovated ones. I asked the manager what floors had been renovated and he told me the 6th & 8th floor plus some of the 12th floors had been done over and they are working on the others. December seems to be a slow month so the rates were not bad. I would go back in December just to be so ideally located to do my Christmas shopping. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves especially since you don't have to battle any inclement weather. We flew in and took the sky shuttle directly from the airport, $15.00 charge. The desk and valet service couldn't have been better. Overall I thought the experience was one of the best we had ever received. I have to tell you that I was worried after reading some of the reviews. That being said I felt compelled to put a better slant on the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank angeliclovebug
Reviewed November 28, 2007

Stayed in the hotel for five nights and found it to be more money than value. They were supposed to have valet parking but we couldn't get anybody to help us. The local calls are not free and neither is the Internet access in the rooms. The price I paid for a room night here I could have stayed three nights at a Best Western and not had to pay extra for calls or Internet access. The only good part about the hotel and rooms is the beds are big and comfortable and the 4 person jacuzzi is nice after a long day in the mall.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2007

This hotel is in need of a complete reno to get it in line with the rates they charge for the rooms, the carpet, decor, etc all being as dated as they are. Also the huge in-suite tubs and mirrors all over the room we were in were more cheesy than classy, I would not stay here again for the price.

Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed November 2, 2007

This hotel was looking rather tired when I was there back in january. Not terrible, just in need of some small renovations to freshen it up. The food was excellent.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Travelers also viewed these Edmonton hotels
West Edmonton Mall Inn
#13 of 91 in Edmonton
Courtyard Edmonton West
#2 of 91 in Edmonton
Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton

Been to Fantasyland Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fantasyland Hotel & Resort

Address: 17700 87 Ave NW, Edmonton, Alberta T5T 4V4, Canada
Location: Canada > Alberta > Edmonton
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Casino Hotel in Edmonton
#4 Spa Hotel in Edmonton
Price Range: $145 - $283 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Fantasyland Hotel & Resort 3.5*
Welcome to the Fantasyland Hotel. We're located in the heart of North America's largest shopping and entertainment complex, West Edmonton Mall. The hotel features classically decorated rooms with TV, complimentary Wi-Fi, hairdryer, voice mail, clock radio and air conditioning. Choice abounds when it comes to dining with L2 Grill providing culinary creations that feature the freshest ingredients found between the East and West Coasts of Canada. If it is just a drink you are after, the L1 Lounge provides a relaxing environment to sit back and enjoy. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone and Evoline ltd so you can book your Fantasyland Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fantasyland Hotel And Resort