I will start by saying when I planned this last trip I checked tripadvisor.ca to check what reviews other people had to say about this hotel. After reading the reviews I was skeptical about booking my stay at The Fantasy Land Hotel. It sounded like it was really run down. I contacted the GM at Fantasyland and voiced my concerns and after reassurance decided to give it a try. We stayed from July 7-10th and COMPLETELY enjoyed our stay. It was a holiday to celebrate my Daughter's 9th birthday so she chose The Western Theme room which was very cute. I have also (though many years ago, before we had kids) stayed in a Polynesian, Hollywood and Victorian Room. I enjoyed all of them but think if you are taking kids the Western Room is really cool. The kids (aged 9 and 7) slept in a bunk bed that said County Jail above and they completely loved it. Staff was very friendly. The moment we arrived someone came out to the truck to see if we needed assistance. They helped us with our luggage and we left our truck to be parked in VIP parking. There is an $18/day charge for VIP parking but knowing my vehicle was secure gave me piece of mind. Every employee we came in contact with was very nice and very helpful. Check-in was quick. As for the elevator, I was expecting long waits due to all the complaints I had read. It really wasn't that bad. A couple of minutes at busy times but I found if you needed to go back up to your room, getting on at the 2nd floor of the mall always seemed to be faster. (could have been a coincidence but Lobby at times had big line-ups and 2nd floor was always empty). Restaurant was good. They serve a brunch until 11am. Would I recommend this hotel? The answer is yes absolutely. If you are looking to make your holiday more relaxing, Fantasyland Hotel will absolutely satisfy you. The location is so convenient. The City of Edmonton is doing a lot of work on their local roads and not having to deal with all the traffic changes was worth the extra few $'s to stay right on site. The only downside to my holiday was I should have stayed longer. West Edmonton Mall is really big and we didn't even cover half of it. It is much quieter during the week. There was a big change between Thursday/Friday and Saturday/Sunday. Theme parks had no lines Thursday or Friday. The hotel also offers packages and this really helps cut costs down on extra activities like Galaxyland and The Waterpark. Each of these activities was about $100 a day for a family of four so I recommend a family package if they are offered during your time of stay. Looking back, I put far to much thought into if I should stay on site or not. The rooms aren't brand new. The hotel is older so don't expect exceptionally brand new. Do expect clean and friendly. The cleaning staff do a fabulous job. The truth is, you won't be in your room all that much as there is just to much stuff to do. When you are in your room, you will get a good nights sleep as the beds are comfy. FUN PLACE! Book today and have fun! Thank you Barry for taking care of us :) Oh and one more thing, the hotel has hook ups for all your video games and movie players so if you have a game lover in your household bring the electronics along and that way maybe you can add some extra time to enjoy your room :) There truly is something for everyone at West Edmonton Mall and the option to Stay and Play is fabulous. We are already planning on returning very soon and we only came home two days ago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Fantasyland Hotel. We're located in the heart of North America's largest shopping and entertainment complex, West Edmonton Mall. The hotel features classically decorated rooms with TV, complimentary Wi-Fi, hairdryer, voice mail, clock radio and air conditioning. Choice abounds when it comes to dining with L2 Grill providing culinary creations that feature the freshest ingredients found between the East and West Coasts of Canada. If it is just a drink you are after, the L1 Lounge provides a relaxing environment to sit back and enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fantasyland Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fantasyland Hotel And Resort
- Fantasyland Hotel Edmonton
- Fantasyland Hotel & Resort Edmonton, Alberta