“Enjoyable each time we go.”

Royal Alberta Museum
Ranked #17 of 181 things to do in Edmonton
More attraction details
Owner description: One of Canada's most popular human and natural history museums, offering a broad range of exhibits and programs for nearly every age level and interest.
Edmonton, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Enjoyable each time we go.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have been going there since our now grown kids were little, my favorites are the geology and precious stones exhibit, the bird and butterfly exhibit and the natural habitat wildlife exhibits. The scenic artists and the mural work in the exhibits are beautifully done, and the native exhibit is really interesting too. A great time on a rainy or cold day, and a nice cafe and gift shop too.

Visited September 2012

Raleigh, NC
103 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Visit the Royal Alberta Museum”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is a great museum, well documented, nicely done, and very educative. I learned a lot about the natural beauty of Alberta, its geolgical history and some about the local first nation inhabitants. A great museum, worth the detour.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank claude_monnier
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“love it”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

i took my class on 2 guided programs- fantastic educational & meaningful experience....
im excited for the new museum!....but love this one.....ive been going since i was little....breautiful grounds, and exhibits!!
cafeteria- rude & slow service...SHOCKING

Visited June 2013
Alberta
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Accessible”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Due to a medical issue I had to use a wheelchair during a recent visit to the museum-I called ahead to assure myself that a chair would be available-not only did staff meet me at the door they made the process of obtaining a chair very easy. They gave us a map of the museum ensuring we knew where to go to access the washrooms and the elevators to get to the upstairs portion of the museum. As someone who is temporarily disabled I worried that they might consider my needs to be not necessary to be in a chair but when they saw my air cast they went out of their way to ensure that I was comfortable throughout the tour. Staff were on hand to answer questions and didnt seem to mind that I was in an air cast and wheelchair. Our family enjoyed our visit and cannot wait to come back to see the new exhibits and the exhibits that are existing at the museum.

Visited March 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Top notch.”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Very well maintained very interesting. Nice details in the exhibits. Almost as good as our Royal Saskatchewan museum in Regina.

Visited July 2013