All reviews concierge floor la ronde revolving restaurant city view river valley continental breakfast downtown area bit dated an older hotel yogurt lounge laronde convention valet rogers canada concert
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Front desk lady walked in room open blinds and looked in room while I was just getting up Took out a fresh breakfast I ordered that I paid for. Told me if she had been on duty she would have booted me out. There were cock roaches crawling around in lobby I pointed it out to same front deck lady she came over and step on cock roach and smashed it and she said problem solved. Looks like this lady have issues with indigenous or first nations people. I stay in this hotel off and on for many years never had this happen before she has to go

Trip type: Traveled solo
IkeJ31, General Manager at Chateau Lacombe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear JamesmL1760BW,
Thank you for your review and feedback. Please allow me to apologize, and to investigate the incidents you describe. Please rest assured this in no way reflects our standards nor the memories we strive to impart on our guests. Your review will definitely be discussed with the staff during our weekly meetings and training sessions, and appropriate actions shall be taken to prevent any re-occurrences. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly through the Hotel website, I would like to apologize personally and to reassure you of our commitment to treat all of our guests with the respect they deserve. Thank you, again, for bringing these issues to my attention. Sincerely,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel itself was decent at best. A very nice view. However from check in to check out, the service was horrendous. The girl at front desk was anything but courteous. She interrupted me many times when asking about restaurant and places to see. I called down and asked for extra towels. She said, "you're gonna have to call housekeeping. That's not my department. Shortly after check in, I went to the lounge for a quick drink. The girl tending bar reeked like marijuana and looked completely high. She was also rude. I did dine up in the revolving restaurant after which was the only thing semi decent about my stay. The food was average but our waiter was fantastic and made up for the sub par food. I had breakfast in the restaurant on the main floor on the Saturday morning. Our server was extremely rude and I could see that she was bullying other staff members and then basically asked me to tip her. I am not sure if this hotel lacks proper training or only hires though incapable of getting other jobs. As someone who works in the hospitality industry, I was very dissatisfied and disappointed. I would not recommend this hotel. I stayed here back in 2016 which is why I decided to stay again. The staff seemed much nicer more professional back then. From front desk to the lounge and main floor breakfast place.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
James J, Owner at Chateau Lacombe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear tthomas1983, please accept our sincerest apologies for the experience you had at our Hotel. By no means is the interaction you had with our staff in line with our service standards and we will fully investigate and follow up with those concerned.
We pride ourselves on providing professional service and are truly sorry that we did not provide this during your stay.
Rest assured this will be followed up with department managers and servers.
Again, our apologies for your disappointing stay.
Please do not hesitate to contact us via our Hotel website, should you wish to discuss this matter further.
We look forward to hearing from you and to hopefully, welcoming you back.
Sincerely

Reviewed September 1, 2019

I didn't even get a chance to stay there for the first time. I called the Hotel reservations, and no one answered. I called again and a waited and waited for someone to answer so I could book a room for my wife and I. Still no answer. So I called the front desk and told them that no one is answering in reservations. He put me through again, and the same thing. I waited 15 minutes and no answer. That was the last straw! I will not be staying here anytime soon. Terrible phone service. We went to the Hotel McDonald instead as they did answer their phone.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Gord W
TahaGulamhusein, Front Office Manager at Chateau Lacombe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2019

Dear Gordon
Thank you for your review and bringing this issue to our attention. Please accept our deepest apology for this
unacceptable experience with us. We would ask that you please contact our General Manager directly at the hotel or through our website as we would like to review this with you personally and do whatever is necessary for us to have another opportunity to accommodate you on a future visit to Edmonton.
Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed August 28, 2019 via mobile

Overall, I think the Chateau Lacombe is a pretty good hotel. I liked the view of the city I had, and the bed is quite comfortable.

Sure, some of the furniture and decor is a bit dated, but for the price, there is good value here.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear 998MichaelW998;
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the city view we offer. We also offer a great valley view as well that I hope you take the chance to enjoy one day. It is also great to hear you had a comfortable night sleep.
We are currently undergoing renovations and it is nice to hear your honest review during this process.
thank you again for the review.

Reviewed August 16, 2019

I was not too impressed with my experience here. I was told that this hotel used to be the IT hotel back in the day. I honestly would not believe it by how run down it now is.

I made my booking directly through the hotel over the phone. I showed up to the hotel with my confirmation and booking, only to be told there was zero record of my reservation. After a long tiring day it was pretty stressful to stand there and deal with that. Luckily they still had some availability and were able to find me a spot. I'd really hate to think what would've happened if that was not the case.

The tub and sink were cracked and chipped. The carpet was stained, closet broken, TV broken, room dusty, and hair that was not mine in the tub. The remote and light switches probably haven't been wiped down in months. They were gross and caked with dust!

Parking is not included and will run you $20-30 a night. It's bad enough that parking downtown is limited and expensive. You'd think the hotel would cut you a break because you're already paying to stay there. This reason alone made me almost pick a different hotel. To top it off I was charged for parking twice when I was originally quoted free parking under the special I was offered. The person at guest services kept telling me otherwise. Eventually they budged and waved the fee.

Fire alarm went off when I was in the middle of my shower and had to evacuate the building promptly. The lobby was also filled with smoke which I have a sensitivity too. According to past reviews on here it seems like this is a regular occurrence.

There were a few really friendly staff and the beds were comfy however, I would opt out of staying here again. I didn't receive any type of "we're sorry for the inconvenience" or whatever. It didn't seem like they were too worried about making their shortcomings up to their guests. There are plenty of other hotels out there who are willing to do what they can to keep their guests business.

Date of stay: August 2019
TahaGulamhusein, Front Office Manager at Chateau Lacombe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2019

Dear bellamia88;
thank you for your honest review of our hotel. I apologize about your negative experience at the hotel. We are currently undergoing a renovation process and your comments will be considered during this ongoing project.
We pride ourselves on excellent service and it is upsetting to hear of your experiences. Your comments will be shared with the staff so we can have consistency and that all of our staff are able to give the great service we have to offer.
thank you again for your comments.