My daughter and I stayed one night on January 14th when we went to Edmonton for the Justin Timberlake concert. We got a pretty good rate and new that the hotel was older but said it had been renovated and the location was good for getting to the concert so chose this hotel. When we arrived we were checked in by a woman at the desk who said nothing about a small sign on the desk that said the next morning between 9:00 and Noon, there would be no water in the hotel. Really? I mentioned this to the woman who said that this is the only time the hotel could get someone in to work on the problem. No apology given or offer of anything even a discount for the parking which was an extra $15 plus tax per day. So I said that is not great and what about brushing our teeth in the morning? She then said well we could send up a couple bottles of water if you would like. So I said well yes at least that is something since we can't shower or use the toilet in the morning. It was too late at that point to try and find somewhere else to stay as it was 4:00 in the afternoon and the concert was at 7:00 that evening. We went to our room which was right across from the elevator so was noisy with hall traffic. The room wasn't bad -- looked clean enough and had a view of the river. However the beds were terrible - very hard and the pillows were either too soft or a hard. I turned down the temperature 2 degrees to 20 and you could hear the motor running ALL NIGHT. And we never did get our 2 bottles of water. Luckily we had our own with us so we could brush our teeth and wash in the morning. We ordered a spinach dip and some cajun chips and the food was very good; however took almost an hour to get to us. When we checked out and the woman at the front desk didn't even ask how everything was with our stay. Not Impressed and I won't ever be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the iconic landmark Chateau Lacombe Hotel. Locally owned and independently operated, the Chateau Lacombe Hotel offers 307 guest rooms including 69 Concierge guest rooms allocated on the upper floors requiring key access, each fully renovated Concierge guest room offers Telus Optic LED TV and 15mb dedicated internet access for each room. Enjoy access to our private Concierge Lounge overlooking the majestic Edmonton river valley. Lounge Privilege's include: Daily continental breakfast & Daily evening beverages with Canapes. The Hotel is home to the city's award winning rooftop revolving restaurant La Ronde on the 24th floor and rotates over 88 minutes capturing the cityscape and river valley views. A great location for celebrating memorable moments and milestone events. With its 307 Guest Rooms and 14,000 sq. Ft. Of meeting space, the Chateau Lacombe Hotel is the preferred location for business and leisure travellers wishing to be close to downtown with the Arts & Culture, nightlife and soon to be revealed in 2016 - the Downtown Arts and Entertainment District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Chateau Lacombe Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe Hotel Edmonton
- Crowne Plaza Edmonton
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Edmonton
- Chateau Lacombe Hotel Edmonton, Alberta