We are staying at Chateau Lecombe for 2 nights.
I agree with all other comments that mention that the staff is relly nice and do their best to accomodate you.
We did bought through expedia and they give us a room bigger and nicer than we originally was booked for.
The rooms need a total update thats for sure. But we didnt mind much until we decide to go bed
The room temperature was so high was imbelievable.it was showing 28 degree Celsius on our thermostate. Even with both windows open, the fan at the cooless and in maximum we had no change in temperature. It was impossible to sleep. At 0100 am we decide to finally call the front desk to explain our situation. They told us that the AC was not available for the winter period. We asked for a fan or something to cool down the room and they were unable to locate any fan. They offered us to change room witch we did. They sent us the security guard who agreed with us when he entered our room.
The second room was way smaller. From a queen bed with a relatively nice room size, we got transfer to a two double bed room. But again. The same problem with the room temperature, 27 degrees, even with window open and fan going on.. no change. My husband was pretty mad as it was now 0200 am and he as to be at work in 5hrs. Not to mention that I am 36 week pregnant and need my sleep as well. I decide to go back to the front desk and asked to please find us a fan or to put the temperature down for the rooms. She told me she didnt know where the fan were and nothing else she can do. Witch I truly believe. She explain to me that I should call after 0800am and they should be able to help us out with a fan. So here we are at 0400 am after few cold shower and sleeping in different bed trying to some how fall asleep. We were suppose to stay for an other night but I think we gonna change hotel as we cant sleep in this conditions.
Unfortunatly I would have a hard time to come back here, and its sad as for the rest it was good. But whats the point if we arent able to be confortable in the same bed my husband and I cause it ridiculously too hot and we cant sleep before going to work.
Karine and Darren McJannet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the iconic landmark Chateau Lacombe Hotel. Locally owned and independently operated, the Chateau Lacombe Hotel offers 307 guest rooms including 69 Concierge guest rooms allocated on the upper floors requiring key access, each fully renovated Concierge guest room offers Telus Optic LED TV and 15mb dedicated internet access for each room. Enjoy access to our private Concierge Lounge overlooking the majestic Edmonton river valley. Lounge Privilege's include: Daily continental breakfast & Daily evening beverages with Canapes. The Hotel is home to the city's award winning rooftop revolving restaurant La Ronde on the 24th floor and rotates over 88 minutes capturing the cityscape and river valley views. A great location for celebrating memorable moments and milestone events. With its 307 Guest Rooms and 14,000 sq. Ft. Of meeting space, the Chateau Lacombe Hotel is the preferred location for business and leisure travellers wishing to be close to downtown with the Arts & Culture, nightlife and soon to be revealed in 2016 - the Downtown Arts and Entertainment District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chateau Lacombe Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe Hotel Edmonton
- Crowne Plaza Edmonton
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Edmonton
- Chateau Lacombe Hotel Edmonton, Alberta