“5 Star Service”

Ranked #45 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Sydney, Australia
“5 Star Service”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Thank you so much to the staff at Chateau Lacombe who made my 70th birthday one of the most wonderful birthday experiences I have ever enjoyed.

I was a little embarrassed by all the attention but can not convey enough how grateful I am to all the staff for everything they did, from the complimentary bottle of wine and strawberries dipped in chocolate to the delicious birthday cake and the fabulous dinner, my wife and I, enjoyed in the La Ronde restaurant. We enjoyed the company of the staff immensely and thank you all so much for your exceptional service.

Warm regards
Barry Hyne

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jaco000000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our double-bed room was needed by a late arrival, so just as we got in it, we were upgraded free to a king on the18th story with a river valley view. Wow 1. Then our internet application expedited (hint!) us to a sumptuous breakfast for free. Wow 2. The old hotel's room was refurbed, or re-re-re-furbed, but tastefully. All was quiet with a view 200 degrees wide -- it's a 24 story circular hotel with a revolving restaurant on top. Wow 3. Price was great for central location. Wow 4. The OYs? The parking levels have strange low, somewhat scary ceilings that might scratch a truck roof or an SUV's. They are being repaired or reinforced, so spaces are taken up by huge trucks (low-roofed).Oy 1. The 3 elevators get cranky -- one slept while we were there. Oy 2. But the Wows have it 4-2: Treat yourself to center city and hot oatmeal, yogurt with strawberries in it. Eggs and bacon. Fresh orange juice, fruit salad, potatoes, bagels, whole wheat toast, Good coffee Terrific croissants, exceptional muffins. Forget the humped and stained, worn old carpet in the cafe, This was a heckuva breakfast after a wonderful sleep, silent HVAC, and a fantastic night view. Park outside if the creaky garage scares you. This is a surprisingly fine deal. And the Sunday buffet brunch promises oldtime sybaritic excess. You deserve it.

Room Tip: Riverview from an upper floor is spectacular. Ask, you might get one. And you'll say "Wow&q...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bobsolomon
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Worst hotel experience ever, hotel charged us 5 different times for 5 different amounts totalling $4759.94 ALL on the same day, no apologies from front line staff and no explanation for the charges, the largest single transaction was for over $1,700. Would recommend finding anywhere else to stay but here

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Edmonton hotels

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Came to Edmonton for a shopping trip with a girlfriend of mine. I cannot believe this hotel could ever be given a Crowne Plaza name. Stayed on the 12th floor, and I was disgusted. Two doors down, there were what it sounded like two french girls sharing a room together. All evening, I heard people coming and going. I looked out my peep hole, and couldn't help notice seeing strange men coming and going. I stayed next door to two "working ladies". At different times throughout the evening, you could hear everything. I am disgusted that these ladies can get away with something so disgraceful in what appears to be a "higher end" hotel.

If your going to sell sex, go to the Derrick Motel! This is just despicable. I am glad I did not have my daughter here. I would not feel safe knowing illegal activity is going on two doors down.

Other then the noise, the room was so/so, and the service at the front desk was awful. The food was 5/10. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a relaxing getaway. Never mind families.

I strongly suggest that the management of this hotel should investigate and really keep an eye for things like this and this can give the hotel a bad name. I will not return. I will stick with a higher end, higher price hotel next time in town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 564Lisa_Marie
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in a suite. Room was large but it would have been better if there was a door between the bedroom and the sitting area. The pull out bed in the sitting area was surprisingly comfortable. The view of the Saskatchewan River was great from our 8th floor room. Staff were very nice for the most part. The guy who does the valet parking heard us booking a taxi to West Edmonton Mall and he told us how to get there by local bus instead. Great advice! There is free wireless at the hotel but they don’t just tell you about it and give you the password. We had to ask for it when we realized that wifi was available. I think this information should be provided upon check-in. We had the breakfast buffet included with our room rate but we had friends join us for brunch and we felt that the buffet was WAY overpriced for what is offered. Not a huge selection and we constantly had to chase down the staff to get coffee / tea and juice. And both mornings I had to ask them to refill the milk container for cereal.

Overall it was a good stay other than the construction outside the hotel that had even our taxi driver confused when dropping us off. But that is not the hotel’s fault.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank lainie
Fort McMurray, AB
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I used to stay at this hotel all the time with my husband when we visited Edmonton about 5-11 years ago. About 4 years ago the hotel took a dive. Our stay here July 24-27 totally changed our opinion of this hotel. With new management at the helm, suddenly our old familiar hotel has returned; very competitive rates, free breakfast, free internet, and free downtown parking. Breakfast is solid - fresh pastries, toast, yogurts, fresh fruit, cereal, coffee and juice. We ordered room service which arrived in 15 minutes and was PERFECT. After being ignored at the Underground Pub down the road we returned to the Chateau's lounge and had a couple of great quiet pints.The gym is nicely stocked with good average equipment. The service is solid. The staff is lovely. The room we stayed in had been renovated and we had good sleeps there each night. We will most certainly stay here on our next visit. So glad to have another hotel in Edmonton to choose from. Way to go Chateau!

Room Tip: Walk everywhere downtown, especially in the summer. There are great restaurants very close to this h...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was a very please not surprise when I walked into the hotel! Very friendly staff. Had supper at the rotating dinning room it was very lovely and peaceful. Very helpful staff. Underground parking which was a bonus :) I hope to stay again!!

• Stayed July 2013