Stayed in this hotel recently for one night in May for business. Got a river valley view room on the 17th floor. Pretty nice view for sure. But also noticed the window could not be shut tight completely (in fact the lock was quite worn out). Thus at night was hearing quite a bit of traffic noise (you know, the tuned up vehicles speeding uphill). In the early morning, there were quite a bit of traffic noise too and thus didn't have a good night sleep at all (Sorry, I am a light sleeper).
Room temperature works alright for me. Most of the other things in hotel works perfectly (lighted mirror, hair dryer, toilet and shower head).
Because of the age of the hotel, the parking lots looks old and scary. Elevator from parking lot to hotel also is pretty old too.
The revolving restaurant is still pretty good. Cocktails and deserts are great. But again, everything was pretty old as I remembered going up to the restaurant back when I was in high school. It pretty much looked the same as back then, which was probably a good 15 years ago....
Currently the hotel is under new ownership and there are signs that it will do some new renovations. Hopefully it will do better as it is in a good location but just old.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the iconic landmark Chateau Lacombe Hotel. Locally owned and independently operated, the Chateau Lacombe Hotel offers 307 guest rooms including 69 Concierge guest rooms allocated on the upper floors requiring key access, each fully renovated Concierge guest room offers Telus Optic LED TV and 15mb dedicated internet access for each room. Enjoy access to our private Concierge Lounge overlooking the majestic Edmonton river valley. Lounge Privilege's include: Daily continental breakfast & Daily evening beverages with Canapes. The Hotel is home to the city's award winning rooftop revolving restaurant La Ronde on the 24th floor and rotates over 88 minutes capturing the cityscape and river valley views. A great location for celebrating memorable moments and milestone events. With its 307 Guest Rooms and 14,000 sq. Ft. Of meeting space, the Chateau Lacombe Hotel is the preferred location for business and leisure travellers wishing to be close to downtown with the Arts & Culture, nightlife and soon to be revealed in 2016 - the Downtown Arts and Entertainment District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chateau Lacombe Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe Hotel Edmonton
- Crowne Plaza Edmonton
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Edmonton
- Chateau Lacombe Hotel Edmonton, Alberta