Fairmont Hotel Macdonald
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Union Bank Inn(Edmonton)
1,182 results
All reviewsconfederation loungegold flooroverlooking the riverbeautiful hotelnorth saskatchewan riversteam roomvalet parkingan upgradeself parkdowntown edmontonbed was very comfortableharvestsmudgesbrunchweddingbellmanstaycation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I booked a hotel room for my boyfriend and I to stay in for his birthday last year.
Being a resident of Edmonton for my entire life, I'd never been in or stayed at the hotel, so this was a nice treat for the both of us.
It's a beautiful hotel. Authentic and historical and I felt like we were treated like royalty. The level of service is amazing. It's service that you just won't get at any other hotel.
The only complaint I have is, the door to our room was EXTREMELY close to our neighbours door. And, with a screaming baby all night long, we had a really hard time enjoying the comfort of our room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Excellent location in downtown Edmonton. It seemed a good city centre hotel, but not the best I've stayed in. Many of the amenities were closed down due to some ice damage. The room was very nice, but could use some updating. I found the bathroom very dark. I would stay here again if I came back through Edmonton.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
GarrettTurta, General Manager at Fairmont Hotel Macdonald, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your comments.

It was very pleasing to hear you enjoyed your stay. I was not sure of your comment regarding our property having outlets closed in the hotel as we do not have any ice damage. I would be pleased to speak to you further so I could have some clarification. Please contact me directly at the hotel at your earliest convenience.

We do hope to welcome you back to The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald in the near future.

Regards,

Garrett Turta

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We had an excellent time at the hotel macdonald! The service is more than we hoped for and a fantastic room with a great view! We were visiting Edmonton for the west edmonton mall. From the very start the valet were helpful and friendly. Front desk were amazing also! Thank you to everyone there and will be back soon!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stay at the Hotel Macdonald often when I am in Edmonton. The staff are always very friendly and do what they can to make my stay great. The hotel is one of the grand old railway hotels. Rooms have interesting nooks and crannies. The hotel has a great lounge.

Room Tip: ask for a riverview room
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Very high quality hotel in prime location. Particularly good if you are attending a conference as you need only walk 5 minutes. Lobby and bar are classic Fairmont with all the wood, stone and fireplaces. Rooms have a classic feel and are smartly appointed. Strongly suggest a river view (corner if possible) - beautiful. Gym is a bit of a disappointment but breakfast is outstanding.

Room Tip: River view is worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GarrettTurta, General Manager at Fairmont Hotel Macdonald, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback of your most recent visit.

It was very pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your stay especially our Breakfast. We are continuing to enhance our Breakfast offering to ensure we are delivering an outstanding product. It was disappointing to hear the feedback on our Health Club. However we are completing a renovation on our product in the Spring.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald in the near future.

Regards,