“Mediocre”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Calgary Trail South
Cross street: 34th Ave
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Long wait for food (40 minutes as opposed to the 15 they said it would be) and warm soup vs. hot. The stirfry was very good and the waitress was friendly.

There are newer reviews for Mongolie Grill

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We bought a groupon as I've always wanted to try this restaurant, arrived and the staff was great, we were given a taster glass of a nice red wine which was nice however nothing after that was great at all... The price is so unbelievably expensive, you get 20 % for being a vegetarian however the vegetables they have must weigh a ton as my not full bowl cost $30.00! The starter soup was not tasty either.. When putting sauce on my items, I asked the cook how many scoops as I didn't want dry noodles, He said 4-5 scoops, their sign states 2 scoops,, sadly the food arrived over cooked, dried out and NO sauce on top. The grill is not hot enough so it takes them a very long time to overcook and dry out your noodles. We did not finish our plates and with a 1/2 litre of wine and a groupon it still cost over $60.00 . We will not be back. We were asked to fill out a comment card and I told all the above to them, left my name and email and I have not even been contacted by the manager to apologize.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

The service was very prompt and friendly, and the restaurant very cozy, but at $20 a person (average) the food was pretty weak. We sent one wonton soup back because it had no actual wontons in it, just a bunch of boiled wonton wrappers. The other had wonton, but very skimpy on the filling, taste was just OK. At the food bar, where you select your items for the stir fry, most of the protein items were just out of the freezer, ice crystals obvious - not very appetizing. The biggest disappointment was that our meals were very much overcooked. Don't think we'll be back.

1  Thank skycare
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Friends and I try to visit Mongolie Grill at least every couple of weeks. The food is fresh, it is wonderful to be able to select your own veggie/meat choices and sauces and there is a vegetarian discount. Also - choice of white or brown rice and we love the rice wraps. We usually go at noon and are very fond of the lunch time staff, especially Sandy (the chef) and Erin.
Highly recommend.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

An adventure on the wild side turned out to be just ok. A group of us decided to go to the Mongolie Grill in Edmonton for a condo meeting and dinner. While the selection of meats and veggies was impressive, I found that the cost was a little high as my bowl (you pay by the weight) was $33.00. That is my fault as I was the one that piled it on. They cooked everything really quick and service was excellent. I found that I should have added more sauce as it turned out a little dry. That being said, these are all things that I would correct myself if I choose to visit again.