“Always awesome food”

Ranked #1,114 of 2,503 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Strathcona
Description: First and only Authentic Persian Restaurant. We prepare food with all natural and raw ingredients. GLUTEN FREE MENU and absolutely NO MSG. Visit us for a wholesome homestyle food prepared with love.
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Been here twice already and the good has been awesome.

From their carrot oil, rice, and all the meat has been tasty every time.

Would highly recommend going and asking the server what to order. He made suggestions for us each time and the food was delicious.

There are newer reviews for Sabzy Persian Grill

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I have visited the restaurant. Terrible service even though they charged 15% tip. When I complained, they said our seevices vary for different customers which is very unprofessional response, also considering the fact that all customers pay the same price. Also the amount of food is rediculously small. Will Never go there again

3  Thank Lili_1360
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely dinner for 4 adults with outstanding lamb that we were told was prepared over 24 hrs. Very flavorful and super tender, with soft saffron rice. Beef kabobs were nicely spiced with enough to take home. A wonderful dinner with warm and welcoming service. A place to return.

1  Thank TVH
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was introduced to this resto several years ago, since then I've been trying Persian food in many major cities, nothing matches. I tried it again recently and confirmed it wasn't just my good memory of the resto but it actually isVERY good. I've tried almost everything in the menu. I've done take out where it sat in the fridge for 4-5 days. It still tastes good and the meat remains moist and good.

If in Edmonton, don't miss this. Try their Kabobs, babaganoush, pomegranate Stew, Lamb shank, Persian tea, home made ice cream!

2  Thank CuteDragon
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We used the "near me now" portion of the Trip Advisor Ap and stumbled into this incredible family owned restaurant. Hasan (one of the two owner/brothers) started us off with Persian tea. Great flavour….refreshing too. My husband ate the lamb shank and I had the chicken. The flavours were new to our palates. The meat tender and sooo delicious. The salad freshly made. Hasan's Dad was the chef that day. We each commented afterwards that our bodies felt truly nourished. This is how food is supposed to be! And CLEAN! Everything was "just so" (as my Grandmother would say!). Even the angle of the chairs!!!! We will go again and again and recommend this great place to others.