“Simply the best home cooked Persian food”

Sabzy Persian Grill
Ranked #1,032 of 2,439 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Strathcona
Description: First and only Authentic Persian Restaurant. We prepare food with all natural and raw ingredients. GLUTEN FREE MENU and absolutely NO MSG. Visit us for a wholesome homestyle food prepared with love.
Vancouver, BC
“Simply the best home cooked Persian food”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was introduced to this resto several years ago, since then I've been trying Persian food in many major cities, nothing matches. I tried it again recently and confirmed it wasn't just my good memory of the resto but it actually isVERY good. I've tried almost everything in the menu. I've done take out where it sat in the fridge for 4-5 days. It still tastes good and the meat remains moist and good.

If in Edmonton, don't miss this. Try their Kabobs, babaganoush, pomegranate Stew, Lamb shank, Persian tea, home made ice cream!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank CuteDragon

Alberta
“Gastronomical Delight!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We used the "near me now" portion of the Trip Advisor Ap and stumbled into this incredible family owned restaurant. Hasan (one of the two owner/brothers) started us off with Persian tea. Great flavour….refreshing too. My husband ate the lamb shank and I had the chicken. The flavours were new to our palates. The meat tender and sooo delicious. The salad freshly made. Hasan's Dad was the chef that day. We each commented afterwards that our bodies felt truly nourished. This is how food is supposed to be! And CLEAN! Everything was "just so" (as my Grandmother would say!). Even the angle of the chairs!!!! We will go again and again and recommend this great place to others.

• Visited February 2014
Calgary, Canada
“sabzy persian grill, edmonton, alberta, canada”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This wonderfully intimate restaurant owned, operated and loving offered by the Sabetghadam family is an exquisitely appointed environment of Persian designs and delicious food. Mouth-watering appetizers of Must'o Kheeyar, Must'o Moo-seer, Torshi (pickled vegetables) Kashkeh Bademjkoon (grilled eggplant) and Naan, Paneer - incredible salads: Shirazy, Tabouli Quinoa - savoury drinks: Doogh, Laziza - and entrees of Jojeh, Kobeeded, Chenjeh, Babndari, Baloochee (chicken, beef, sirloin, boneless chicken thigh, lamb chops) with Zereskj Polow (barberry rice), and the most tasty Fesenjoon (pomegranate chicken stew) and Khoresh-e Gheymeh (boneless spring lamb chops and yellow split peas stewed in tomato and dried lime broth served with saffron rice) and saffron-pistachio ice cream - if that doesn't get your taste buds excited… Sabzy Persian Grill is a total experience of exquisite food, wonderful hospitality, generously satisfying servings and kindness from the staff that is heart-warming. The address is 9314 - 34 Avenue, Edmonton, AB. Call 780-758-1005 for reservations, talk to Ahmed, Hossain or Ali.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank SunErgos2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Sabzy Cafe is the BEST!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This restaurant offers the best Persian food with a really reasonable price in a very friendly atmosphere.
The owners and servers show their welcome when you walked in. It is also kids friendly, their food is not spicy at all but has a really good flavour. My children keep wanting to back. I strongly recommend this place to everyone.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Debbie C
Hamilton, Canada
“Great Iranian Food”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I had a short visit to Edmonton. Friends suggested it. I'm very happy with my choice of Dough and Zereshk Polo. If I had a longer stay, I would try different foods as well.

• Visited June 2013