“Change in menu and service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cactus Club Cafe

Cactus Club Cafe
Ranked #14 of 2,393 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Summerlea
Edmonton, Canada
“Change in menu and service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had lunch at this restaurant last week and we were very disappointed . Honestly, we used to go to this restaurant often for different occasions and we always loved it. But our recent visit was not as good. The food was below average, very small amount and prices much higher. Soup was cold and salad not fresh. The service was much slower without special attention yo the guests.
We are sad about this change as we loved this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013

Alberta
“Delicious as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Had the steak as usual, was delicious. He had the ribs, they were very good as well. Prices are not cheap, but I believe the quality is in line. It is a great place for a nice meal. The mojitos were delicious as well!

Visited May 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Must admit, I didn't realize there was a Cactus Club in Edmonton! Enjoyed a very pleasant lunch with friends this week. Rocket Salad was excellent as was the service. Reasonably priced menu and wine list. Very pleasant surroundings.

Direct access to the restaurant from parking area, not through the mall. It is located on the north side of West Edmonton Mall, near the Sears entrance.

• Visited May 2013
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Can't wait till they open in Onatrio!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We went for lunch on our last day of a 6 day trip just before heading to the airport. We were on a business/vacation in Calgary and Edmonton and were out for dinner every night. We had many great evenings like the hardware grill Edmonton, and river cafe in Calgary, however the biggest surprise of our entire trip was cactus club.

The reason i say this is because of a build up of expectations. I have had the pleasure of dinning at Rod Feenie's restaurant in Vancouver year ago, and 2 nights there are still in my top 10 all time for me. Then when he won iron chef, he became my culinary hero.

Anyhow, after waiting for the opportunity to head west and try another Feenie experience, i started thinking "how good can this place be"? a chain of restaurants cannot be that special? Boy was i wrong, had the BBQ duck clubhouse planning on being disappointing, and wow was i sadly mistaken. best clubhouse ever........

I am going to Vancouver soon, will be trying Cactus Club there. Again send Rob Feenie [Cactus Club] east for the rest of Canada to enjoy.

• Visited April 2013
British Columbia, Canada
“It's a chain, but it's awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We went to Cactus Club on a Friday for a date night. I've been to the restaurant in Kelowna before, but this was my first visit to Edmonton. They didn't have a table in the dining room right away, so we grabbed a beer at the bar and hardly even had time to take a sit before our "coaster call" was buzzing us.

We sat on the indoor patio (they must open it up in the summer), and it was nice and bright and heated. I ordered the fajitas, after seeing them at a neighboring table and they were awesome. I never think to add broccoli to fajitas when making them at home, but Cactus Club does it perfectly. My fiance had a duck sandwich which he really enjoyed too.

I love the Cactus Club and can't wait to go back!

• Visited April 2013