“One of my favorite choices”
Review of Cactus Club Cafe

Cactus Club Cafe
Ranked #19 of 2,476 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Summerlea
Ottawa, Canada
“One of my favorite choices”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Cactus Club Cafe experience started in Victoria for me. Fell in love with the Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl...and haven't looked back since!

I've only been to the one at West Ed once, but again, the menu is great, and the ambience is similar to an Earl's or Moxies.
xoxo CCC!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank DaRealAlliG

“Going Downhill”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I frequent this westend restaurant on a regular basis for lunch. The service is always friendly, but slowly the food is becoming sub-par.
Last visit I ordered a favorite of mine...the war wonton soup with prawns added. When the restaurant originally opened you could count on the flavorful broth being full of noodles, vegetables and barbequed pork. It would constitute a healthy, filling lunch. Last visit the broth was the dominant ingredient with a few noodles and a few vegetables floating around. The prawns rather than being succulent as in previous visits were rubbery.
This visit I decided to order something entirely different...the bandara salad,with dressing on the side. The menu described the dish as having cajun chicken, corn, peppers and feta cheese and dates. My friend ordered the rocket salad with dressing on the side.
What I received was a pile of greens with some frozen mushy corn and a few chow mein noodles and dates scattered throughout. NO CHICKEN AND NO FETA, FOR $16.00.My friend did not get dressing on the side as requested. I finally got my chicken but did not realize the feta was missing till I was almost finished and by that time I just didn't feel like fighting with anyone over it.
Perhaps this place is beginning to rest on its laurels?

2 Thank travelingmama51
Edmonton
“Fabulous Food, Excellent Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I loved the outdoor room that used to be part of an automotive center.Cozy and filled with cusions, it was a perfect place for a romantic afternoon. The shortrib sandwich was fantastic, the servers were attentive and it was altogether a great experience.We plan on taking our guests there.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank AnnHBanana
Edmonton, Canada
“Edmonton Hot Spot for the 'in' Crowd”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had dinner at The Cactus Club in West Edmonton Mall. I started out with the Cream of Celery soup aged cheddar, grissini breadstick that was good, Christie had calamari which is deep fried red pepper, jalapeno, fresh dill, chipotle aioli, tzatziki For our main course I had a slab of halibut cooked in a light saffron cream with an orange fennel salad, asparagus and peas & Christie had Ravioli in truffle beurre blanc, amaretti, pine nuts and crispy sage with white wine sautÈed jumbo prawns. It was a very busy place, my wife & I avoided a long wait by going into the lounge which is what we customarily do. A hip busy crowd in contemprary surroundings and a DJ & music. What stood out the most was the abundance of stunningly beautiful waitresses It is very similar to a Joey's vibe & although currently appears to be the Edmonton hot spot for the 'in' crowd is on par with Joey's & Earls as far as dining & ambience which by no means is a bad thing

Edmonton, AB Canada
“Win-Win 7 Habits Training very evident”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I would like to say Thank you to the manager and server Matt who turned my birthday dining disaster experience at another restaurant that claims to be "fine dining" into a win win wonderful experienc at the Cactus Club...
After sitting in one of Edmonton's "fine dining" establishments for almost one hour without any service, to celebrate my birthday, my husband and I left very disappointed. After watching a GONG show for almost an hour, we decided to leave as we wanted to salvage some of my birthday celebration. All the manager, who was our server, could say was he 'd take care of the glass of wine that we each consumed in the one hour that we were there.
My poor husband felt terribly as this was the restaurant that he chose to celebrate my birthday on a Sunday evening - my actual birthday. I told him to take me to Cactus Club which is 5 minutes from our home. It is a place we frequent often and we always have great food and service.
Upon entering the restaurant, my hubby excused himself to go to the washroom as we were waiting for our table when he spoke to the manager about our fiasco at the previous restaurant.
Our table was waiting with two glasses of champagne with strawberries and an ice bucket with a bottle of champagne chilling. That one little act of kindness turned the whole evening around...I immediately said to my husband, " Someone has 7 Habits training". The staff at the Cactus Club made it RIGHT!
Thank you to all who took the time to make it right...that is exactly what customer service is all about. That is also what will keep customers coming back over and over.
If you want a GREAT dining experience over and over go to the Cactus Club. The ambiance is wonderful, the food is great and the service is exceptional for a fabulous price. Way to go Cactus Club!
We will continue to casually dine at your establishment as well as CELEBRATE!

2 Thank SnoBunny