“Not bad.”

Ranked #87 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
kamloops
“Not bad.”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This a decent place to stay, check in and check out was incredibly easy (which was a good thing since that was the first place I ever checked in on my own) and they explained everything pretty well to me. and they were also okay with my three hour early check in (oops! supposed to be there at 6 and showed up at 3)

at first glance it looks sort of sketchy, the type of place where you'd think there would be dingy dirty rooms. I'll admit the rooms look a little dated but they are fairly clean. but they need to get rid of any cloth couches those were the only real problem. housekeeping was exceptional, we came back from our outing and the room almost looked as it did when we first arrived, (neat and tidy, we left it messy oops!) which is always nice and greatly appreciated to come back to.

it has a restaurant close by, I didn't have the pleasure of checking that out because we went to the Walmart which was just down the road for groceries to save on cash to spend at the mall which was close by and easy to find. So in that regard, the location was perfect! on the other hand, you have to realize that this is a motor inn and there were some night owls milling about. Thankfully we were close to the office in a "quiet room" and didn't have to deal with any noise during our stay.

the joining balconies were kind of unsettling, it would definitely be better if you booked the floor with friends though!
free wifi! fair price
however we will probably find a different location to stay next time.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room with a queen bed from other reviews it seems like I got the cream of the crop.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank KelC J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed here with my husband a couple of times after travelling down from Fort McMurray. We were after a cheap but decent hotel that was close to West Ed Mall-after all we wanted to save our spending money for shopping/eating/drinking...and West Ed Mall is the main attraction of Edmonton - so if you missed that then you have really MISSED out!! The hotel is not perfect but both times we have found everything to be clean and the staff to be friendly. The basic free breakfast is a bonus start to the day. It's not the Taj Mahal but when you're shopping all night and eating and drinking in Bouban St (@ the mall), then you only need a place to sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OZtraveller00001
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I made the sad mistake of staying at this sad excuse.for.a.motel thermostat didnt work carpets stunk and were stained ... Then 5 days later still no return on my security deposit ... Which i.shoukd have had days ago.... Be warned its a bug infested crap hole that will rip you off

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Steve M
Fort St. John, Canada
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The people at the front desk were nice during our stay. They gave us a new room and recommended an excellent restaurant for dinner and upon first entering the room seemed fine although vents were dusty. Woke up several times during the night unable to breath due to my allergy to dust so it was more dusty than it looked. Upon our return home we both were covered in itchy red bumps! Turns out they're bed bug bites! They bite the fleshy parts and will bite in rows so there is no doubt. Now we only drove to Edmonton, stayed over night, and drove back the next morning and they were definitely not from our car. I do hope this was just an unfortunate isolated incident at this motel but as of the other day they were refusing to take responsibility or to reimburse us for our one night stay which is really the least one would expect.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank wannagoonvacay
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I called these guys after arriving in town to confirm that they had rooms and were in fact pet friendly- the man on the phone assured me they had plenty of vacancy and told me to come on over. After driving across town (not the easiest feat with a trailer and two grumpy cats ) we parked and I got out to check in. The first thing I noticed was two huge signs saying "NO CATS" in block letters. I told the man at the desk I had cats but had already called to confirm to which he replied "you said pet! Cats are not pet! Dog is pet!" In broken English. When I told him I had I just driven across town he started to laugh. Very nice customer service; very professional. I walked out and went right next door where they rented us a nice clean room no problem.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Aeolson1
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Nothing about this place is good. The service was terrible, the rooms were dirty and not made up until 6 pm on 2 days out the 3 days I stayed. The complimentary "breakfast" is a joke - stale bread, weak coffee and day-old mini-muffins. When I complained about the room and service, they refused to refund my 2 remaining pre-paid days.

They also charge extra ($10-$30 per night) if you don't like the room they assign and try to change it.

There are many other motels within 1/2 km at comparable prices. Go anywhere else !!!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel ! There are many within 1/2 km.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Kent V
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Disgusting. Stains on the bedding. Cigarette burns in the bedding in a no smoking room. Room stank of a mixture of smoke, cat pee and god knows what else (and cats not allowed so don't know why it smelt of them). Got in late and left very very early. Very expensive too.

• Stayed March 2013