“Amazing New Years”
Review of SABOR Restaurant

SABOR Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
SABOR Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 2,503 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Portuguese, Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 103 Street
Transit: LRT Stops nearby: -The Bay -Central -Churchill Square Bus Stops nearby: 1, 2, 14, 8, 16, 17, 40, 41, 42, 45, 47, 50, 65, 68, 69, 71, 100, 104, 105, 106, 109, 111, 112, 116, 125, 140, 161, 162, 180, 197, 201, 211, 308, 309
Description: SABOR Restaurant provides as rustic, yet elegant atmosphere, and menu rich in European tradition—Portuguese, Spanish, French and Italian—in the heart of Downtown and the ICE District. OceanWise Certified, we offer Edmonton's best, most-sustainable seafood menu, as well as meat and vegetarian options. Professional staff, a trim but superlative wine list, hand-crafted cocktails, and SABOR's menu and atmosphere, make it the perfect spot—be it in evening wear before the opera, a suit before the big meeting, or in jeans hanging out with friends. Friday and Saturday evenings feature live music by one of Edmonton's talented local musicians. Wine corkage available: $25/250 ml Specialty cakes happily created in our kitchen for your event with minimum one-week notice. No other outside food or beverage permitted (including special occasion cakes).
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I aren't really into the club scene and wanted something fun but not too over the top for our New Years celebration. With Sabor Divino being one of our go to restaurants we decided to spend New Years there. We were booked for late seating at 8:30 - What an amazing time!! The 4 course meal was delicious. So much food I almost couldn't finish it all... almost ;) The service, as always, was top notch.
Champagne at midnight and a wicked DJ that kept everyone happy with the great mix of music. I'm just sorry we booked our cab earlier as we didn't want to leave.
We had so much fun. Thank you SD!

There are newer reviews for SABOR Restaurant

Reviewed December 30, 2013

There are only a few finer dining options in downtown Edmonton, and this is definitely one of them. I have been to the Hardware Grill, Sorrentinos and Ruth's Chris many times, and decided to broaden my horizons a little.

The trip was definitely worth it, great ambiance, excellent food, and a good wine list. I only say good because a few of my first choices from the reserve list were not available, due to the fact that they were depleted over the holiday season this year! That is okay in my opinion.

The menu has a lot of options, and for the gluten free folks, you will find plenty to choose from. The service was great, with our server having plenty of knowledge of the food and the wine.

Don't miss your chance to experience this great restaurant!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We attended a staff party last night which brought us to this restaurant. We felt so welcome by the staff and the room was lovely brick and wood, warm and inviting. The staff was very attentive and brought us drinks right away. Music was provided and the sound was clear and a perfect mix of Christmas tunes. We sat down to excellent appetizers and then one of the best meals I have had in a long time! Again the waitress and waiter were incredible with filling water, or getting us another drink! Very nice evening and we will return on our own.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I learned about this restaurant via a recommendation from a co-worker. It was a Monday night, so I figured I would chance going there with a friend and her 2-month-old baby, since we both love good food but didn't want to go to a typical kid-friendly restaurant. The food was fabulous! We shared several small dishes: the grilled calamari with white bean purée, the piri piri prawns, the pear and lamb salad and the rare ahi tuna. We loved everything! For dessert we shared the 3-layer chocolate slab, and luckily it was small in size, but very rich and fudgy! The baby ended being fussy, so the staff let us dine in the private room in the back, where my girlfriend and I could eat and visit without worrying about the fussy baby bothering other guests. A wonderful meal and dining experience. Highly recommended!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The live music really put this restaurant over the top for us. I had the fresh mussels for an appetizer and the portion size was huge, which was great because they were delicious and I ended up sharing a ton with the table.