“Very Authentic Mediterranean Dishes!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SABOR Restaurant

SABOR Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
SABOR Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 2,376 Restaurants in Edmonton
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 103 Street
Transit: LRT Stops nearby: -The Bay -Central -Churchill Square Bus Stops nearby: 1, 2, 14, 8, 16, 17, 40, 41, 42, 45, 47, 50, 65, 68, 69, 71, 100, 104, 105, 106, 109, 111, 112, 116, 125, 140, 161, 162, 180, 197, 201, 211, 308, 309
Description: SABOR Restaurant is located in the heart of Downtown Edmonton on the historic Boardwalk. The food and decor are both a mix of old and new world. The menu is rich in European tradition (Portuguese, Spanish, French, Italian) and graced with modern flare. We guarantee the best seafood in town with our expertise extending to our meat and pasta dishes. You'll find a warm and inviting atmosphere enhanced by live music Wednesday through Saturday nights, professional service, and a trim but superlative wine list.
Edmonton, Canada
“Very Authentic Mediterranean Dishes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Best meal I've had this year. We had the prawn piri piri appetizer, and it tasted just like the piri piri I had in Portugal years ago and have been searching for since. The paella entrée we had was as good as the paella I had in Spain years ago! Delish! Only had room for the sampler crème brulee for dessert, which was heavenly. And the service was excellent: friendly, not snooty, quick, and attentive. This is my new favourite restaurant. Reservations after 6:00 or so on a weekday are necessary, not sure, but I imagine weekends are busier. Love this place.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank lovetotravelgirl46

Edmonton
“A meal is more than just the food produced by a kitchen and its staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

The atmosphere, the music, and the "feel" of the place is first class. We've been to Sabor several times and it is consistententl excellent. Service has been top notch too. We'll go again and again.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Jim M
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All around excellence.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

From the minute you walk in you will be looked after. Service seems to be a thing of the past here in Edmonton, but not at Sabor Divino. It was so refreshing to find a place like this again. The food was with each bit e a most pleasurable experience. Delicious! Then I had the best cappucino I may have ever had. Rich and creamy, not at all bitter, mmmmm! There isn't enough I could say!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Irene N
Edmonton, Canada
“An interesting venue with a different flavour. An interesting gastronomic venture.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

A "happening" restaurant downtown by the Boardwalk. Interesting fusion between Portuguese and Canadian fare. A good wine list to permit you to sample some of the better wines of Portugal. The busy ambience is enhanced by pleasant piano music. The service was excellent (ask for the waiter Serge - experienced and efficient).

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Restaraunt as Always!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I am a HUGE Sabor DiVino fan and its because of their ability to consistently impress! The food is always amazing and I have NEVER received poor service. I have dined there numerous times where there has been up to 15 of us to even just myself for an appy and glass of wine. As a solo guest, the staff made me feel at home. We celebrated my birthday there this year and there were 12 of us. It was a set menu which I had worked closely with Christian (owner) to choose. He was very accommodating for allergies and intolerances and we all had a wonderful evening. Lino (Chef) takes tremendous pride in the food he creates and has never disappointed. If you are looking for a great dining experience, Sabor DiVino is a perfect choice!!

• Visited June 2013