“Best Overall in Edmonton”
Review of SABOR Restaurant

SABOR Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
SABOR Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 2,556 Restaurants in Edmonton
Cuisines: Portuguese, Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 103 Street
Transit: LRT Stops nearby: -The Bay -Central -Churchill Square Bus Stops nearby: 1, 2, 14, 8, 16, 17, 40, 41, 42, 45, 47, 50, 65, 68, 69, 71, 100, 104, 105, 106, 109, 111, 112, 116, 125, 140, 161, 162, 180, 197, 201, 211, 308, 309
Description: SABOR Restaurant provides as rustic, yet elegant atmosphere, and menu rich in European tradition—Portuguese, Spanish, French and Italian—in the heart of Downtown and the ICE District. OceanWise Certified, we offer Edmonton's best, most-sustainable seafood menu, as well as meat and vegetarian options. Professional staff, a trim but superlative wine list, hand-crafted cocktails, and SABOR's menu and atmosphere, make it the perfect spot—be it in evening wear before the opera, a suit before the big meeting, or in jeans hanging out with friends. Friday and Saturday evenings feature live music by one of Edmonton's talented local musicians. Wine corkage available: $25/250 ml Specialty cakes happily created in our kitchen for your event with minimum one-week notice. No other outside food or beverage permitted (including special occasion cakes).
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Great wine list, nice atmoshere, great food and amazing service. This to me is the top overall restaurant in Edmonton. We had the smoked duck and mushroom risotto. I can't say enough about the service.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The food tasted fantastic, the atmosphere was comfortable and the service was good, however, the waiter did not smile much. We went for lunch and the meals were large.

2  Thank LivinganAdventure
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We celebrated our son's birthday with a Friday dinner that four of us enjoyed in an old downtown warehouse (yes - soft lighting, two dining levels with original wood beams and brick walls).

My wife and I really enjoyed the tomato and mini boccocinni salad with its tantalizing herb overtone to the olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing. Our son and his wife enjoyed a salt cod appetizer.

Three of the main courses were really good - 2 of us had the Gnocchi with braised lamb sirloin and vegetable ragu; our son had the 12 oz Wild boar chop with black beans, kale and rice. My wife had the Chicken with broccollini and lemon risotto (the risotto was not rich and creamy enough) but the chicken was excellent.

The salad and entry portions were generous.

We shared a Tiramisu (not rich and soft enough) and the Chocolate Cayenne Mousse (good final bite but somewhat gelatinous). This limited my overall rating to 4 1/2 stars.

We had a wonderful and observant server (Karen).

1  Thank Mr__LS99
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My Wife and I ate here for the first time last night ... It was our anniversary ... And did we ever pick the right place for a quiet place with all the qualities of a fine dining restaurant ! We started with a bottle of wine ( large selection to choose from )
We shared an appetizer -grilled eggplant package .. Very tasty and well plated . My wife had the Lobster Risotto and I had the Beef tenderloin with a great ensemble of vegetables that was in a great sauce ... We enjoyed both of our selections together ... They were fabulous !!
Our server ( Jose') was very polite and he served everything with a precise expertise that we have not seen in a while . We finished the meal with a shared chocolate mousse and a couple of Lattes .
Also there was live music in the background that was very easy to listen to ... Modern and not over powering ...another great performance .
When we were leaving , one of the owners was there to ask us how was our evening , and we told him "Fantastic " !

This was a great find and would recommend this place to anyone and everyone .

1  Thank sunworshippers42
Reviewed January 23, 2013

It seems hard to find a good, non-chain restaurant in Edmonton, but Sabor Divino has changed my mind! We had our company Christmas party here (late!), and had a pre-selected menu with choices of fish, beef or chicken. It was an incredible meal, with great atmosphere and good music (piano player). I look forward to coming back again with my wife to try out the menu!

1  Thank rcaf_14