Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Edmonton South
$193
$143
Fairmont.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskturkey sausagesouth common shoppinghi expressgreat hotelquick checkeasy accessbreakfast areafree breakfastclose to the airportparking lotfridge and microwavehot tubnice sizeconvenient locationclean roomsshopping and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2011

This hotel is right on the Calgary Trail, so if you dont like the freeway out your window, dont stay here. When I reserve, I always ask for a quiet room. I was put on the freeway side of the hotel rather than the parking lot. I was too tired to go down and complain so I sucked it up. The noise is masked by really good windows, but of course in the wee hours of the am when the trucks race by, you will hear them.
The room was beautiful - I had a king suite, so the bedroom is partially seperated from the living area. Two massive flatscreen tvs, the furniture almost brand new, the bed super comfy. Bathroom wasnt glamorous, but functional, and I was happy to see they had a bathtub!
Front desk was not what I would call welcoming, but then I guess not everyone is friendly in this world. The person who checked me out was certainly better, but when I asked how I would go about getting a quiet room the next time I was told to "put a memo on the reservation". I said that I did, to which she responded "oh". She said I could call in and ensure it next time. Issue is that the onus is completely on me to ensure a good stay - not on the hotel. (very unlike the nearby Hampton).
I missed their complimentary breakfast because the elevators were down. Being on the top floor with heavy luggage, I had to wait. After checking in with the repair man 3 times, he finally told me it was working and I could use it all along- it was just annoying for him to call it up for me I guess?
All in all, the room was lovely, but with so much nearby competition not sure I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank cpallo
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Came to Edmonton for a wedding, this hotel was recomended by the wedding party for its good location

Room itself was really spacious, with two queen beds as well as a microwave and a fridge - quite handy.

Good buffet breakfast, a bit chaotic in the lsat half hour of the serving time, but you could always get up a bit earlier - however finishing at 9.30 on a Sat morning seemed a bit early for most guests.

Free wi-fi is available, but speeds are pretty average, and the connection does drop in and out at times. Wouldn't recommend for a business hotel for this reason.

There is a small pool and jacuzzi as well as a small weights/cardio room, both of which we used.

Have been impressed and would consider the Holiday Inn Chain again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheYarralls
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed here as a family of four for one night in July 2011. There was a conference going on in the hotel, but the hotel did not feel over crowded or loud. We were on the third floor facing north. While the view was nothing to look at, I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet the room was being right on Calgary Trail. We heard no road noise at all! The room was clean and large, as was the bathroom. They have the usual, and tasty full breakfast included. Everything was fresh, and the staff was very quick to fill things up and clean things away that guests hadn't taken cleaned away.

I was very pleased with this hotel - clean, quiet, comfortable, tasty - all good things for an overnight stay!

Room Tip: comparison shop, and use a AAA card if you have one!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank ansafae
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stay here every time we are in Edmonton and we love it! There isn't anything about this hotel I could complain about, except maybe the really, really slow elevators.

This hotel also has coin laundry, which is a big plus!

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank lotusberries
Reviewed August 1, 2011

hotel was fine, room was clean, bed was very good, no complaints. Room was quiet even though it was front of bldg, near road - no road noise. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business