“Wonderful Place”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Hi-- I-My name is Carolyn Rhindress-- I am just so happy to have found this Cafe-A friend had told me about it and as I like to play guitar and sing I thought maybe I would try it out-- My experience there on that Saturday night was amazing--I finally got up to sing and was quite nervous but as the evening went on I felt right at home-- and now I enjoy going there each Saturday that I can go--The staff makes you feel wanted and cared about and the food they do have is delicious-- Everyone should try this Cafe out-- Real home atmosphere--I love it and am so glad to have found the Cafe and cannot wait to go back--Thanks

1  Thank jellybeanalberta

Reviewed February 13, 2009

I really like going to the Carrot Cafe. The cafe is volunteer run and often hosts little classes on location (pinhole photography, mosaic tiling..etc). They have a great selection of teas and they make pretty good coffees. The food they bring in is basic but delicious. They help support local artists by putting up art created by local 'Alberta Avenue' artists so it's also a little gallery.
If you are into listening to music, they have open mic on Saturday nights, performing local musicians on Friday nights ($5 cover) and People in Pants Improv on the first Thursday of every month (They truly are HILARIOUS).
I highly recommend taking some time to head down to the Ave and checking out the cafe! Grab a coffee from the Carrot and walk down the ave! There are a bunch of new shops in the area!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed January 25, 2009

Their food is from Flavour Budzzz Catering. It's only chips and dips and sweets

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 13, 2008

Good environment, good people, community run, excellent drinks.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 28, 2008

This is a quirky little cafe that is run entirely by volunteers, selling ethically traded coffee. It features live music on Fridays, an Open Mic on Saturday nights and local artisans every other Saturday. Check it out!